Competitive Guild 2013

mythicFOX

Family Justice is a pain in the dick. Skip it for something where Perdita has to kill less things.

Regarding the Watcher: Yeah, there's no shortage of use for this already in any Guild crew, but with Perdita, you get to up the usefulness of Hero's Gamble and go fishing for :masks, which she always needs.

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came second in a small 30SS tournament yesterday using Guild, I'll throw up a write up at some point.

Lost first game to Lillith on Shared Deliver a Message (extremely close, 2-6 due to a last minute fluff by me).

Beat McMourning 6-2 in Shared Contain Power (Lost 2 VP because Nino is too awesome).

Beat Seamus 8-0 in Shared "Beatdown" (modified Slaughter) due to the most ridiculous cards I've ever seen on any table in history.

Used Lady J as my master for all 3 games, same crew for 2 of them. Took Lucius for Deliver a Message and almost got it, a last second transposition from Lillith saving him.

Edited by Arturos

I'm back from the Vapnartak Tournament at the weekend. Had a great time and played some great opponents. I made a couple of critical blunders and didn't finish anywhere at the event, but I learned loads.

Vap was using the new version of Gaining Grounds and what has become fairly evident to me is that I'm going to need to tank more than I'm used to. Spending any length of time holding your centre line vs Viks is a real challenge.

So here's my current Guild conundrum, what’s the best way to tank three Dynamite markers, each a little over 6.5” apart with Guild?

Is it Hoffman? If not who?

There are a couple options for this. Personally, I do not like Hoffman for the new line in the sand, although I can see how he would work ok.

My choices are some combination of dogs, Wastrels, and McCabe.

- Dogs includes Guild Hounds and Luna when I am taking McCabe. Guild Hounds are significant when they are near another guild hound, and they have the AP to move around and grab the counters when near each other. Luna counts for all the important guild hound abilities, but is significant on her own.

- Wastrels can be very useful in the new line in the sand. Secret passage lets them jump up to the dynamite fairly quickly. Earth's elixir lets them guard an armed dynamite for a key turn very successfully. Petrified Feather lets a Wastrel jump to nearly the other side of the board if your opponent has left some dynamite unguarded.

- McCabe can pull his crew forward along with moving very fast on his own. This allows him to get to the Dynamite fairly quickly and start to control areas around armed dynamite.

It's also important to understand the rules for engaged models. I ran into this in the tournament I attended this weekend. If a model has a long melee range they are engaged if you sit inside thier melee range. This stops them from arming a dynamite just as effectively as your long melee ranges. This actually makes it much tougher for Izamu/Chompy/Lilitu and other models with 3+ melee ranges to arm the dynamite.

I used McCabe in line in the sand and found him really good, even if I couldn't kill anything. As Nix said, ignoring the TT part of my crew (Tora and Archer) I took 2 Hounds, Luna and a Wasterel. Got VPs very early on, turns 2, 3 and maybe 4 IIRC. McCabe being a general pain in the bum.

Only issue is exterminate beasts, so I'm contemplating dropping to one puppy and upping to a second wastrel...

So a model is treated engaged if he has somebody in his melee range AND if he is in somebodys melee range?

Or just the first one?

from the Rulebook 1.5 pg 38

Models in range of an enemy's melee weapon, or with an enemy model within their melee weapon range, are said to be engaged in melee, or engaged.

As Jonas said....

*grin*

Ok so I have to ask, now that Oiran are released, how do they fit into a Guild Crew. Giving the Guild a Lure might be worth the 5 stones.

I am of the opinion after going through my books and trying to see what I can do differently with my Perdita crew: that being able to Lure a model into the gunline might fun!

We do, it's called "Obey." ;)

So that is the end all; be all? :Paralyzed_Puppet:

Say it ain't so... I have a feeling that an range 18 Lure can be a boon to the Guild.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
4 Pool

Enslaved Nephilim [2ss]

• Guardian
    [7ss]

• Oiran
    [5ss]

• Santiago Ortega
    [7ss]

• Wastrel - Strange Metalblades
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

With this list I really don't know if the Guardian is needed for Santiago protection, but you just never can be too safe. :)

come on Jonas thats a cop out answer. I was hoping for at least a discussion on the Pros vs Cons of Oiran vs. Mr. Mickbeatsface in. :)

I'm just being cheeky.

For reals though, if I'm rocking Perdita or Hoffman, I don't much need that +1wp, and Harmless comes with a Wastrel (though if they could regain it too, that would be supers). I don't have my books so I can't do a line by line comparison right now, but I will say this, an Oiran might be pretty useful to my Perdita: Supercop crews.