SC's new Malifaux painting thread (post-switch to white)

SpiralngCadavr

Inquisitor Wall, thanks- LCB is probably my best work on any mini line, while I feel the NB is some of my best creative work (and my favorite recently b/c I've been playing Tara a lot). I'm looking forward to my second Yan Lo crew, too (that one was a commish, second will be from my collection and probably doing something less standard on it).

Eternalvoid, thanks, and I'll try to have a pic of him from the side up soon- I only realized after posting that I hadn't actually taken any photos highlighting the sculpting I'd done... will need to shoot those other angles next time I set stuff up.

Thanks- yeah, I feel like my best work is my OSL stuff, probably because it feels most like how I illustrate... I'm trying to refine my non-OSL to the same standard.

Yeah, that is what I like about your stuff - it looks like an oil painting. It's instantly recognizable as yours and you actually have to stop for a second to realize you are looking at a mini.

Thanks, Halcyon- I'm always hoping to do something unique, glad you feel it is :)

Moetle, they were originally in a much more generic snowy area, but felt the atmosphere was lacking... I was going for either a winter night or like some snow unnaturally formed around them, so, yeah, that was about what I was hoping to achieve. Thanks!

Agreed, though I would have preferred to put the rest of the belt, without the giant bear trap thingy, on.

And thanks! I'm usually used to taking my time, but this was for a con and the package was misdelivered the first time so I wanted to be sure it got back with plenty of time. The blue witchlings are my favorites, too- I've been doing a bit of experimenting with that blue-grey recently and have been really liking the results.

They are all truly amazing! I love the very unique style, too. After mentioning that you're an illustrator, I can absolutely see that influence in your miniature work now. It makes so much sense! 

I think my favorite of the Sonnia crew is Sonnia herself. I LOVE the subtle OSL from the flame of her sword on the legs, and on the edge of the floorboards just below it, and on the sword itself. I think it's beautiful. I was thinking of painting my Sonnia crew after my Pandora crew is (finally) finished, and I will most certainly be taking inspiration from your crew here! Thank you for posting them!

Monkeyboy, thanks- yeah, minis are to keep myself sane/not always in front of a computer, and to bring a bit of cash in to support said comic (and, I guess get food and stuff). I was going for something a little more exaggerated on Sonnia at first, but also felt like subtle worked well. Looking forward to seeing yours!

Also, some gunslingers today (notes, as usual):

sue.jpg

miss+demeanor.jpg

ronin.jpg