SC's new Malifaux painting thread (post-switch to white)

SpiralngCadavr

Getting around to posting a couple things I've already done, next, though, I'm going to be doing Collodi and moving towards a new crew...

-McMourning

-Von Schill

-Ortegas

-Mei Feng

-(expanding) dreamer

are all things I've started on but haven't gotten much past assembly/conversions and basing. I've been having a bit of trouble getting started.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks!These ones are actually going to a client, though... While it's always a little disappointing to see 'em go, it's also fun to paint a set I probably wouldn't have, otherwise: Collodi's stock color scheme never spoke to me so I never really considered the crew, though I'm re-thinking that, having had the chance to paint the crew in a non-standard scheme. I'm also really happy with some of the techniques I tries (particularly the fast OSL), so bits of this will definitely be appearing elsewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, I was really happy with the effigies in particular (and felt that the wicked dolls had more in common with the Stitched Together than they did with the rest of the crew, hence the toned-down look).

Also, thanks, Sigmar! That's one of my favorites, who immediately went to the display case, despite not seeing that much recognition.

Finally, a couple touch-ups on collodi's face and the Mysterious Effigy's masks:

mysterious%2Beffigy.jpg

collodi-2.jpg

• Like 5

Not painting, but illustration and design today. I'm a pretty serious Tara fan, so spent quite some time working on these cards, and think they look pretty damn good. Like I said on my blog, I'm not going to post the backs unless I get the official go-ahead from Wyrd, since this is fan art, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Also, feel free to print them, etc, but please give credit/links.

death%2Bmarshal%2B1.jpg
  • Like 5