Adding to zoraida

jasper stone

Hello all,

I am currently flushed with a little extra Christmas cash and am wanting to fill out my zoraida crew that I have recently purchased. The sheer number of options is daunting so some advice or guidance would be much appreciated. I currently have her boxed set with the voodoo doll, convict gunslinger, and a blister of stitched together.

I tend to like the Dopleganger with her as she adds another Obey to the crew. Papa Loco is another popular addition that is pretty fun (double the fun by adding Pere Ravage also). Though since you already have the Stiched Together you might as well go with Collodi and his crew box next. They share a lot of models.

A lot depends on what style of play you want. I really like tuco, and the effigies. Wicked dolls are nice too. A mature nephelim if your opponent is resistant to your obeys. Haemlin (merchant, not master) can be fun. Take papa loco with a nurse for lots of fun times. Arcane gunsmiths are nice if you need ranged, but I like tuco better. Insidious madness if your facing a lot of immune to the influence models.

Note that papa loco and pere ravage can't be taken in the same crew - kin don't like family!

For zoraida additions - anything works, that's the beauty of zoraida. Gunsmiths are very good, and flexible. Jack daw is superb. Any of the uber-nephs (lelu, lilitu, tuco, mr. Graves) also work rather well.

I'd suggest however, getting some beckoners - cheap, good guns, lure and surprisingly resilient once they make something brilliant. Very useful obey targets.

Note that papa loco and pere ravage can't be taken in the same crew - kin don't like family!

Actually, Neither Papa nor Pere have Animosity:Family/Kin, so it is indeed possible to have both minions in a single Zoraida crew. :D

What you already have is a solid start to your crew - just about the only things I'd consider adding after that is an insidious madness (specifically for it's ability to strip immune to influence off any model it shoots, friendly or enemy) and a pack of Wicked Dolls (since she can summon them during the game). The latter comes with the Collodi box, who's a solid choice for any crew so he's certainly an option.

Other than that, I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear but almost any model available to her is a good choice for Zoraida's crew. I'd actually recommend you first take a look at this list, pick the models you like the look of (keeping in mind the usual special forces and merc rules) and expand into those.

Personally, I'd recommend grabbing Ophelia. As a gremlin she's a really fun model to play with, plus her damage output can become obscene (making her an excellent obey target) and she can chew through the soulstones Zoraida generally doesn't use.

Terror Tots are another overlooked choice - their low cost and high mobility make them a good choice for throwing into your crew to take out of the way objectives. Wicked Dolls and the Insidious Madness can do the same, but the former generally needs Collodi or Zoraida to babysit them and the latter is more costly and might have better things to do during the game.

Finally if you want more obeys, I'd actually recommend against the Doppelganger. Sure it can mimic Zoraida's Obey, but for 5 SS less you can do the same thing with a Sorrow. That's not to say the Doppelganger is a bad choice (see above ;) ), but for cramming in more obeys, the Sorrows are a better option.