Big Ned's finished showgirl crew

Big Ned

Hi guys, I've been on a bit of a painting kick for the last few months and I've gotten my showgirls painted up.

So, I thought I'd post some (unflattering) pictures of the finished crew.

The whole crew

HPIM1694.jpg

Colette

HPIM1683.jpg

Cassandra

HPIM1684.jpg

Angelica

HPIM1689.jpg

Mannequins

HPIM1688.jpg

Coryphee

HPIM1690.jpg

HPIM1691.jpg

HPIM1693.jpg

Doves

HPIM1692.jpg

Hope you like them

Thanks for looking

Thanks guys.

Like I said the pictures are unflattering but the best I could do. My camera isn't great and seems to have blocked out the colours. the blending is much smoother in real life. smooth blending is something I pride myself on.

I omitted the close-up pics of the two performers as they look terrible in their close-up pics. even my wife (who doesn't game/paint) commented on how blocky the highlighting looked in the pics.

I'm really happy with the crew and appreciate all the positive comments.

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
How did you do the bases?

The bases, believe it or not, are just cut out discs from some textured plastic plates I had lying around

20130402_115835_zps0e8d72be.jpg

@Inquisitor Wall, I'll get some WIP pics taken and posted soon

@Underdog6750, Thank you, I tried to get as authentic burlesque feel as I could.

I don't know why so many people are harping on the bases. They look fine. Often a little bit less is a lot more.

I personally will have more scenice bases on my Colette crew, but I have to say that the simplicity of his bases do draw more attention to the models. And we all know that girls want all the attention. :)

I don't know why so many people are harping on the bases. They look fine. Often a little bit less is a lot more.

I personally will have more scenice bases on my Colette crew, but I have to say that the simplicity of his bases do draw more attention to the models. And we all know that girls want all the attention. :)

Thanks.

My idea was to keep the bases very simple to make the girls stand out and appear a bit aloof to their surroundings.

@ Rebeccajo, I'm sorry I've got no idea where the plate came from, I got it from my Mom when she baked a chocolate cake (she makes amazing chocolate cakes) and I washed the plastic plate when we'd finished it.

You'd probably be able to pick up the same pattern in plasticard at and arts and crafts shop.

@ Pixelante, I understand what you mean, the contrast seems to be lost a bit in the photos but you can still see the texture from a decent distance away, across the table at the least.