individual plastics from crew boxes

tremere47

Unlikely to happen. The economics of plastics don't work for doing things like that. There's a high cost to make a sprue, but lower cost per sprue so making another sprue with just illuminated would be too expensive.

I think the new box sets are going to encourage a lot of trading. Not a lot of lists will use 3 tokerage, so if you know a mei feng player, you should be able to buy/trade for one. Similar deal with the archers, oiran and ten thunder brothers. Might be able to trade some illuminated off of a Hungering Darkness player, as I haven't seen a full selection being used too often.

Don't think you'd have the same luck with Kang though, but it's worth trying.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wyrd's initial statement was that unique models would not be available separate from their starter. There has not be an announcement made on when we can get extra non-unique minions, however. I think their concentration is going to be on releasing all the models, first.

• 4 weeks later...
All of the plastics come on sprues, not arranged in a way that would allow for easy separation - I would not hold my breath for anything to release separately from the boxes...

That seems like poor planing on their part. Did they not consider that people would want more Ashigaru or non-unique multi-rare crew?

That seems like poor planing on their part. Did they not consider that people would want more Ashigaru or non-unique multi-rare crew?

I assume they looked at the economics of it based on their box sets sold in metal, and since they already didn't see the need to continue selling the unique models availible in the box set as individual models I guess the cost to set up 2-6 sprews for each of the box sets vs 1 sprew was not the most profitable. Yes, there are some people who are not going to buy a model that they would have otherwise brought, but I assume the expected loss from that is no where near the production, packaging and storage costs that making that available would cost.

Just think of the potential that will be provided by the multipose sprues that will be coming out in support of the 'Through the Breach' RPG, though. The possibilities there combined with a quick order of a stat card could be a pretty great boon for expanding box sets, or as an alternative to buying a whole box. And they'd be tournament legal.