Tactica Seamus - MK2

Rathnard

Also, if you are casting seduction, 4" away from a necrotich machine, why not go full throtle and just nuke a model with Philosophy of Uncertainty? Gets you a dead model and no need any high tome to get it out.

Because if the soulstone you pop for Philosophy doesn't flip high enough, your opponent might be able to cheat in a card high enough to resist. Then you sacrifice your totem for nothing. At least with Seduction your opponent has to actively kill your totem for you to lose it (whether he resists the spell or not).

Also, Philosophy requires a high Crow, which could instead be used for summoning (or any number of other Resser abilities). Tomes are more or less useless for most Resser models.

Part of the draw, for me at least, with Doxies is that they use Tomes rather than Crows (which the rest of my list wants) or Masks (which some of my models want).

I personally feel if you are close enough to cast seduction you should just cast Shocking truth instead. In my experience Seduction or Terrible Secret more often than not only lets you hit more easily, it rarely allows for a higher dmg spread, although it can happen. If you are going to be channel casting anyway I feel better to just use Molly's offensive spell to deal actual dmg and possibly slow them or Paralyze them instead of trying to set them up for a hitter you probably don't have.

I don't play ressers but I am honestly surprised shocking truth isn't used more often. It is basically another version of the coryphee duets blinding spell on a model with use ss. It might not be high damage range but paralyze on a critical piece can be back breaking in certain strategies/schemes on things or on models in certain pivotal turns.

Because if the soulstone you pop for Philosophy doesn't flip high enough, your opponent might be able to cheat in a card high enough to resist. Then you sacrifice your totem for nothing. At least with Seduction your opponent has to actively kill your totem for you to lose it (whether he resists the spell or not).

Also, Philosophy requires a high Crow, which could instead be used for summoning (or any number of other Resser abilities). Tomes are more or less useless for most Resser models.

Part of the draw, for me at least, with Doxies is that they use Tomes rather than Crows (which the rest of my list wants) or Masks (which some of my models want).

You only sac the model if the spell goes off, it has no AR requirement, so id the spell is resisted, it does nothing. So no, you aren't risking a thing. And you are still blowing a medium crow just to even be able to cast the spell with the totem. Much rather soulstone something that would result in an outright kill than on a debuff that I actually have to be able to follow up on.

well... if you are going to force other models to burn more actions to kill the model, then why not have molly stone-cast the seduction so that the necro's philo cast is almost guaranteed?

That would be the best option, but I was responding to the idea of casting Philosophy from the totem (assuming only totem in range), rather than Seduction, based purely on range and single model output. Philosophy on a target that can still cheat is a bit of a gamble with a big downside (loss of totem for no gain). Seduction on a target has lower output and less downside, but as you note can certainly set up a killer follow-up.

If Molly and Totem are in range, Seduction from Molly (possibly stoned to ensure it sticks) followed by Philosophy (not stoned if cheating is enough to cast) from the Totem is a very mean combo and almost certainly a dead target.

As for Fetid's response, if you've only got the one model able to act, Shocking Truth is probably better, but as noted above, a combo play (which can be companioned) can be much better.

A note that might be getting lost, is that the Doxy can cast Seduction herself. There is a higher change of it failing to work due to lower Ca values and no ability to Stone, however, it comes at a lower opportunity cost as well (as you're not using Molly or her Totem in this case, and can be getting a free cast of Seduction from her (0) action).

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

You only sac the model if the spell goes off, it has no AR requirement, so id the spell is resisted, it does nothing. So no, you aren't risking a thing. And you are still blowing a medium crow just to even be able to cast the spell with the totem. Much rather soulstone something that would result in an outright kill than on a debuff that I actually have to be able to follow up on.

Hmmmm, bad memory on my part and no cards here. Are you sure on that? If so, I guess I should take back the part about big downside.

So Seamus himself?

What tips can we share amongst ourselves?

1) 'Focus' Shoot when using his flintlock. Nothing more frustrating than flipping low on your one and only shot per turn. And this is where Seamus should be using his soulstones. (this or defending himself)

2) He doesn't like getting into Melee (before he Avatars) and if he does then use your Belles to lure him out. Despite having hard to wound 2 (please don't go into that debate, theres enough of those threads already) and hard to kill, his low defence means he is farily easy to take down by an experienced opponent.

3) As a new player don't forget about 'Necrotic ministration', for some reason I always forgot about that ability in the first dozen or so games :P

4) If you do get into Melee, you might as well try to get the 'Excesive bleeding' trigger on the enemy, before being lured out.

...anyway Ive run out of time (lunch break)

Abuse undead Pischosis, abuse it all you can, it's a plan killer and soulstoned almost unstopable for it's targets to resist. Hell, if you manage to get it out and engage with Yin a lot of chaos can ensue.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Philosophy of Uncertainty Does have the AR Requirement of sacrifice this model.

Faqed then? Don't see it in Rising Powers.