Your most prized prize!

LordZombie

So here is a question going out to all malifaux event goers. What Malifaux based prize do you like most? It can be any model, base insert, accessories, or anything Wyrd related. I am working on filling a prize box and I figured the average malifaux would be the person to ask. Post it up and let me know. Thanks in advance.

Think I worded this wrong. I mean what you like to receive for a prize. If you went to an event what wyrd product would you like to get for winning. Do like the post so far though.

Edited by LordZombie
post went the wrong way

Tough to build a prize box with models. Some people don't play certain factions or have no interest in them. For that reason Outcasts can be good options, but really I think the best option is a giftcert to the LGS so they can round out their crew with what they actually want and you also support the LGS at the same time.

I like things that are harder to find. I can grab models from anywhere, but things like token packs, unique fate decks, cool-looking poker chips for soulstones, scheme decks, interesting tape measures, etc.

Then I would have to add in the Laser Sight Finder (This thing is worth it's weight in gold!). Got to love that Laser sight.... T-T <-- Tears of joy.

My Copy Cat Killer painted by Eric and signed business card of his :D

I was so jealous of that prize, it was amazingly well done.

My favorite prize offerings though are the Lantern Rouge we give our last place winner and the Best Sportsman prize we give out.

The lantern roue is a little metalic red (actually more like drying blood red than a candy apple red) candle lantern (often available at Micheals) with a metalic red (same color as the lantern) Student of Conflict model.

Our Best Sportsman is a Teddy painted gold with a big red heart.

Then I would have to add in the Laser Sight Finder (This thing is worth it's weight in gold!). Got to love that Laser sight.... T-T <-- Tears of joy.

I would LOVE one of these! Nix had one at Gencon. Anyone know of any online guides showing how to build these?

I know there is a nice one at Maelstrom by Laser Fuchs. But it'd be nice to get them cheaper for the group.

I would LOVE one of these! Nix had one at Gencon. Anyone know of any online guides showing how to build these?

I know there is a nice one at Maelstrom by Laser Fuchs. But it'd be nice to get them cheaper for the group.

I'm pretty sure that Nix could find a way to put one of these into the Prize Box of one of his tourneys :P

I have been told by my local players that they love swag but they even the most competive really appreciate something that signifies there prize. Tropies, framed certs or plaques really make them happy.

Do you use a specific certificate? There were a couple floating around, and I can't find any of them :-/

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

We've always done straight store credit, I'm on the hunt for new ideas.

Y'all are rocking them thank you!

I have been told by my local players that they love swag but they even the most competive really appreciate something that signifies there prize. Tropies, framed certs or plaques really make them happy.

My favorite is the slick Adepticon plaque that officially proclaims us as the first "Master of Cake".

Not sure what the recent Adepticon prize looked like as Blue Teddy(My avatar picture) failed to defend our title. (That's what I get for trying Neverborn!)

The thing about the certs and plaques for me is that they remind me of their origin, which is what elicits the nice memories more than swag I have gotten.

Until reading this, I actually forgot that which of our models were actually prizes from different things. But when I see the plaque or certificates, I remember the events, which for me, are the fun bit...

Edited by Gruesome

For my recent tournament, I had some models painted up for trophies and bought some trophy stands. Then I attached the models to the stands with magnets. That way the winners could decide if they wanted to leave them as trophies or actually use them in the game if they wanted.

They seemed to go down well.

Do you use a specific certificate? There were a couple floating around, and I can't find any of them

I have some as well that I have sent out. If you want them just PM me with an email address and I'll send you what I've got. Mine are a lot more inspired by military awards than Ratty's (though I like those as well).