Help down on the bayou

Zerous

So! After carefully checking my bank account and making sure I won't go poor this week, I've managed to buy up what I (think) I need for a basic Som'er crew.

So far:

Piglet x4

Hog Whisperer

Bayou Gremlins x4

Slop Hauler x2

Warpig

Som'er Teeth Jones

I had four Giant Mosquitos on order, but they somehow got erased :( will try again later. Any recommendations or tactica threads I should know about? Is Lenny worth it? Should I get another Whisperer? More piglets? A pigapult?

Outcast has to be my favorite faction, Ressurectionists second. Got pretty much every Outcast master except Leveticus... And I only don't have Levi because I don't have the money right now. I MUST KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING!

Edited by Zerous

You'll probably want to get another pack of Bayou Gremlins, and of course the Lacrouix are awesome. The three new models from book four are pretty sweet, but I don't know when they'll be out (Wong adds some amazing utility). As far as Lenny goes, he seems like a model reserved for high soul stone games. I don't really have enough experience with him though to make an accurate judgment.

Definately pick up another blister of Bayou Gremlins.

I would recommend a Gremlin Taxidermist and some Stuffed Piglets as opposed to the Slop Haulers (though a lot of players really like them they are a huge points drain as you really need to take two and aren't really worth their equivalent in Bayou Gremlins and/or Piglets).

Lenny is great (still owe Pullmyfinger an update for him) when used in a very specific manner. He can really deliver the hurt.

As for tactics take a good look at the Pullmyfinger Wiki and do a search here on Pig Boomerang, Bacon Bombing Assasination Run, Pig Ladders, Gremlin Gunline, Alpha Stank, and the Som'er Summon Factory.

I am not a big fan of the Lacroixs with Som'er due to their cost and the fact that he really does very little for them. Ophelia should really never be included as she is very expensive and is so geared toward the Gunline (which she runs much better without Som'er there) that you limit Som'ers other options.

The Pigapult has some uses, mainly with the Alpha Stank tactic but is pretty situational unless you field Ophelia (who can really abuse its launching ability).

The last piece of advice I usually give is always hire at least 2 of each "staple" model with Som'er (i.e. Bayou Gremlins for Summoning and objective grabbing, Piglets for ladder building and overcoming terrifying, Skeeters for the extra spell use).

How does Ophelia help with the Pigapult?

My play group is pretty small. Other people I'm not too worried about, because it's mostly newer players. However, there is one guy in our group who uses and abuses Pandora for everything she's worth. Not one match I've gone up against her with has ended with me winning.

The Pigapult would certainly help with that, which is why I'm looking for tricks with it. Launching stuffed piglets (not firing them via Pork Barrage, but using the 'pults ability to place models over long distance) at her would be very satisfying.

How does Ophelia help with the Pigapult?

My play group is pretty small. Other people I'm not too worried about, because it's mostly newer players. However, there is one guy in our group who uses and abuses Pandora for everything she's worth. Not one match I've gone up against her with has ended with me winning.

The Pigapult would certainly help with that, which is why I'm looking for tricks with it. Launching stuffed piglets (not firing them via Pork Barrage, but using the 'pults ability to place models over long distance) at her would be very satisfying.

She doesn't help the Pigapult it helps her. Since she can take the ride and soulstone the Df flip to land safely (should she not flip high enough on her own) anything within 24" of the pult is in danger of being attacked by her regardless of LOS. With strategies like Deliver a Message, Contain Power, Distract, or Plant Evidence it becomes comically easy for her to succeed.

gremlin Justice would be fun since so many gremlins are shooty (even if they miss alot, looking at you Bayous) be a good melee option to go with Lenny

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

pigs replacing guild hounds, gremlins on a "coffin" and a "Judge" is just too funny to me

i'm not sure its the most effective model but literally nothing has been as fun for me as bringing a taxidermist and a pigapult. Heck once I even took a taxidermist and a pigapult with Ophelia leading (aka no pigs) just for laughs and it was probably the MVP of the match.

The Pigapult isn't that uncommon with Ophelia since it improves her threat range so much. As for the Taxidermist, well one of mine is done up to look an awful lot like hiw idol Mr. Nicodem.

Of some weird mechanical atrocity some 'smart' Gremlin built

I would love to see a Gremlin Mechanic (though think this has been a bit done to death already).

For my own part I would like to see something a bit different than more of the same. A few years ago I started work on a Homebrew gremlin master that was a lot more civilized, perhaps I'll finish him and his crew up and post it (in the hopes that Wyrd whould steal the idea).