Secretly select and then announce

Aesop

Question

9 answers to this question

When you secretly select a model for a scheme and then announce that scheme, do you also announce that model? Framed for murder seems a terrible choice for announcing if you need to state which model...

Yeah you annouce everything about the scheme. Frame for Murder is a bad one to announce(unless you can obey the model to do the deed)

I see announcing Frame For Murder as a weird gambit. You won't get those 2 VP, but that model is then safe from attacks from the Master -- so if you are playing a small Soulstone game against a combat-heavy Master, it's a wicked move to put that scheme on your heaviest combat piece.

I hadn't thought about that but that's a really neat little trick. How bout this follow up question:

Why would I ever pick Kidnap when I could just pick grudge? Kill 3 guys w/ melee vs 1? Seems like a pretty straight forward choice.

I hadn't thought about that but that's a really neat little trick. How bout this follow up question:

Why would I ever pick Kidnap when I could just pick grudge? Kill 3 guys w/ melee vs 1? Seems like a pretty straight forward choice.

Kidnap is one of the easiest Schemes to achieve - you can kill 3 minions that your opponent doesn't know you are targeting (and you don't even have to kill them yourself - plenty of crews feature growing mechanics where they want to kill their own starting models).

Kidnap is one of the easiest Schemes to achieve - you can kill 3 minions that your opponent doesn't know you are targeting (and you don't even have to kill them yourself - plenty of crews feature growing mechanics where they want to kill their own starting models).

Ah, right, I forgot that Kidnap is just "Pick three models, if they aren't in play at the end you win" and grudge is "Pick 1 model, you must kill it with a melee strike".

Well Pandora can keep you running instead of killing you, which is worth it either way if its an expensive deadly model and if you choose something small with less wounds the Pandora player just has to kill it with a minion/henchman and you don't get any points.

But this is starting to get off topic.