Malifaux Apps?

Envy

The crew creator as an app would be amazing.

I can use the web version on my 3GS, but it is *slow*, prohibitively enough that I almost never use it. Perhaps a phone upgrade will help (and hopefully one will happen in the next few weeks), but I'll have to wait and see.

That said, my data plan is plenty permissive, but not having to load the site every time one wanted to toy with crews would likely be a blessing for many as well.

The crew creator as an app would be amazing.

I can use the web version on my 3GS, but it is *slow*, prohibitively enough that I almost never use it. Perhaps a phone upgrade will help (and hopefully one will happen in the next few weeks), but I'll have to wait and see.

That said, my data plan is plenty permissive, but not having to load the site every time one wanted to toy with crews would likely be a blessing for many as well.

Are you running on Android, if so just download the App and pop it in a folder then use your file manager to open the Crew.html

I think this poll needs to be worded better. The key word I disagree with here is "Should".

Malifaux doesn't need apps and I'm quite happy playing the game without using an application on my phone or ipad. I find it much easier to flick through the A5 rules manual than a pdf file and when it comes to tracking wounds and status effects and strategies/schemes, I enjoy using counters, cards and a white-board marker. Hell, even a crew creator is largely unneeded for me since these days I can build a list in my head for almost any crew in the game.

Thus, I disagree that there "should" be apps available for Malifaux. I get along just fine without them and I believe their inclusion is neither necessary nor beneficial to my gaming experience.

That said, I would "like" to see an app for Malifaux/Puppet Wars that allows me to save lists and track my collection. Bascially I want a direct port of the old Warmachine iBodger app, but for Malifaux. It's not necessary, but it's certainly fun (I love that kind of record keeping) and I'd gladly purchase such a program.

EDIT: In regards to a forum App, making the Wyrd forums available through tapatalk would be very useful from my perspective. ;).

Edited by Rathnard

Jonas: Well in all honesty, there's no valid reason why Malifaux "shouldn't" have apps available for it. I just took issue with the implication behind the wording that Apps are a necessary addition to Malifaux. In other words, I was being picky. ;)

It's clear that other people would like some kind of in-game tracker and crew builder for Malifaux. So I guess if there's enough interest then yeah - it might be worth making one. But for me, I just wouldn't find it useful to me at all. All I want is iBodger. :D

Edited by Rathnard

Ratty do you know how or if I'd be able to use the downloadable crew build on a Kindle Fire?

And if so: How.

there is a zip for with the necessary files on my downloads page under Ratty_Apps If you pop that onto your device and then open the Crew.html in you browser it should work

It’s really just a thought I had since I don’t have internet at home. It would be nice to just use an app to post something to the forum, or help figure out crew sizes or just have fun seeing what all the possible crews are. Going to the website on my phone kills my battery and is hard for me to read. I personally do not see how an app would make game play any better.

I do like the idea of an app that alows you to track what models you have.

Way to go Ratty! I tried to install the downloadable crew builder onto my Kindle Fire and couldn't get it to work so I called on kindle support to get some help. Now because I downloaded your app: my warranty is null and voided.

Just kidding about being upset. I am not.

But I did want to mention that the kindle fire runs a pseudo-andriod OS. Not sure what meant but kindle support was adament that the kindle fire would not run the crew builder. For that I am sad.

Peace :)

Way to go Ratty! I tried to install the downloadable crew builder onto my Kindle Fire and couldn't get it to work so I called on kindle support to get some help. Now because I downloaded your app: my warranty is null and voided.

Just kidding about being upset. I am not.

But I did want to mention that the kindle fire runs a pseudo-andriod OS. Not sure what meant but kindle support was adament that the kindle fire would not run the crew builder. For that I am sad.

Peace :)

TBH it sounds like amazon support are talking crap.

All you downloaded was an offline website, that in no way should invalidate your warranty or anything like that.

It sounds like they thought you had installed an app from outside the amazon store - which they don't like.

If you refer to it as an offline website rather than an app you'll probably have more luck getting help.

there is a zip for with the necessary files on my downloads page under Ratty_Apps If you pop that onto your device and then open the Crew.html in you browser it should work

I did this on my Samsung Galaxy 3 and it opened fine but I could not make any changes, it only allowed me to choose Guild. Why would you do that to someone?!?!! ;) Kidding!

Any tips to get the offline website working?