Counters Suggestions?

Jonasty

Thought I'd see if anyone had any quick and easy ideas for putting together some decent permanent counters for the various strategies, like dynamite or treasure, etc. I have a pack of 10 of the 30mm slotted bases that I'm looking to use and I'd like to find ideas that are pretty quick and easy to put together. Materials or sculpts or techniques or pre-made items that people have found. I've got a ton of minis to paint and so want to do something that is not labor intensive.

I printed Ratty's counter sheets onto A4 sticky labels, then stuck them to pre-30mm or 50mm diameter and 2mm thick pieces of MDF and cut them out. It took a couple of hours to do them all (I made a whole load of them - everything from blast markers to corpse and scrap) but they look great and were pretty cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2mm-MDF-Round-Bases-for-Wargames-suitable-for-all-scales-periods-and-genres-/120974885708?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&var=&hash=item1c2aaa434c#ht_930wt_922

I also printed the Ratty counters on A4. Then glued the counters to Wyvern cards (which are the same quality as Magic the Gathering cards). After that I cut them out, and voila, a nice set of counters. I am not sure, but it looks like the Ratty counters should be small enough to be glued inside slotta bases, but not sure on that (no tape measure here).

All my counters in there nice snuggly box:

post-10906-13911924847355_thumb.jpg

On this pic some of the backs of the counters, pieces of the back-side of the Wyvern cards :)

post-10906-13911924847881_thumb.jpg

For dynamite I use small barrels (Renedra) with a hole in the top, into which I drop a red hat pin for 'lit'. I have some old GW books for evidence or tomes, and a treasure chest for, well, treasure hunt. Black Cat make some metal cast corpse and scrap counters, plus I have some home made ones from bits & pieces.