Clockwork Trap Overview and Tactics

cerealkiller195

not quite sure why you would need 6 in a regular game

Well, if you take McCabe and two Trappers, you need the Traps to be up at Rare 6 because they all come with 2 in the Trap Stash. Even if you just have one Trapper with McCabe, that's 4 potential Traps on the board, plus whatever McCabe might get if he can Reset Trap.

*edit* Ratty beat me to that. I'll shut up now.

Edited by NeuroFire

Traps sound great! Cheap activations, and the threat of paralysing enemy models that come close. Presumably they're height 1, so it should be a simple matter to position them behind low walls and things where they can't be picked off at range and can still catch people that come close to achieve objectives...

These are a must buy for me - both for Guild and Ten Thunder crews...

Here's another interesting point I just thought of - As well as being available to Guild and Ten Thunders, Avatar Ramos should be able to make them with 'Hasty Assembly' (although, with only a single wound)... I think that will be a pretty interesting option for him, although kind of Scrap intensive...

Still, 'Hasty Assembly' is kind of limited on the Minions you can actually make at the moment, so any new option is pretty cool - I expect he'll still spend most of his activations bringing in Large Steampunk Arachnids, Wardens or Watchers, but I can certainly see a use to summoning up some traps as well...

It is another bit in Ramos' toolbox, who is actually my fave master outside of the Guild. Though the Metal Gamin are quite nice for summoning as they actually have a (1) heal flip built in ;)

Traps are great because they can cover lots of ground in terms of things your opponent has to avoid or deal with. Sometimes holding an opponent up for a few activations is more important to the mission than outright killing them.

It is another bit in Ramos' toolbox, who is actually my fave master outside of the Guild. Though the Metal Gamin are quite nice for summoning as they actually have a (1) heal flip built in ;)

Traps are great because they can cover lots of ground in terms of things your opponent has to avoid or deal with. Sometimes holding an opponent up for a few activations is more important to the mission than outright killing them.

I thought Metal Gamin had Smoldering Heart and therefore couldn't be summoned with 'Hasty Assembly'? I may have got that wrong though - I just heard it through the grape vine and it may just have been mixed up with the fact that Hoffman can't hire them (and he can't hire them anyway, thanks to Arcanist Asset)...

If Ramos can make them, they will also be a nice bonus for him!

I thought Metal Gamin had Smoldering Heart and therefore couldn't be summoned with 'Hasty Assembly'? I may have got that wrong though - I just heard it through the grape vine and it may just have been mixed up with the fact that Hoffman can't hire them (and he can't hire them anyway, thanks to Arcanist Asset)...

If Ramos can make them, they will also be a nice bonus for him!

I think you are confused.

The metal gamin is an arcanist asset, so can only be hired by arcanist masters. The Rail Golem on the other hand, is an M&SU asset as well as having smoldering heart. This means that neither of them can be hired by hoffman, but the gamin *can* be summoned by aRamos.

Edited by Tograth

I think you are confused.

The metal gamin is an arcanist asset, so can only be hired by arcanist masters. The Rail Golem on the other hand, is an M&SU asset as well as having smoldering heart. This means that neither of them can be hired by hoffman, but the gamin *can* be summoned by aRamos.

That's cool then - a couple of interesting options for him then - His uses with Metal Gamin are probably a better topic for the Arcanist forum, but they seem like they'll be great options for him to drop onto objectives - they're pretty hard to kill apparently and coupled with a healing ability they'll be hard to remove...

• 2 weeks later...

Could you do a review of the trappers please. Them and the traps have me really exicited for potentially new list builds and some of my stand by guild lists might soon have to possibly mutate due to the traps and trappers.

Also one question are the traps significant? Cause if they are that is freaking awesome.

Edited by Odin1981

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a decent proxy to get by with in until they're released (which, according to The War Store, won't be until at January or so ).

http://store.privateerpress.com/yuritheaxetraps1.aspx

At $0.50 a pop, they'll work as great proxies, then can be used as great bases later. Samael could certainly use 'em on 50mm bases as Snare markers.

Those are also nice.

I had finally gotten around to buying the Storm Strider Driver and Engineer pieces to paint up as Vash the Stampede (in regular and alt colors) and had decided to browse the site a bit.

http://store.privateerpress.com/images/products/display/CG-0481D.png

Picked up some other odd 'n' ends, to include the Grinder to use as a piece of terrain.

http://store.privateerpress.com/ProductImages/exclusives/Grinder_Big.png