Possible Inspiration fo 10T colour schemes

osoi

Well one of my mates is a retainer (Henchman equilivant) for Bushido and we were discussing colour schemes and that and he sent me the below image as a inspiration board of historical Japanese clan colours. I thought others might also find it useful.

japaneseclancolours.jpg

Edited by osoi

I'm debating whether to treat each of my 10T crews as seperate "clans" considering they're all 10T (how do you explain Misaki attacking Mei Feng?)

That said Misaki is definitely going to be in the Shimazu style, as her main inspiration is House of Flying Daggers and I think the green and white will look great on her. I'm tempted to turn Mei Feng into the Tiger of Kai and go Takeda, though the legacy of Takeda maybe fits with McCabe more (along with the red for Guild). Other options for McCabe are Hojo and Ouchi (don't like the black on Mori and Asai). Mei Feng could always go with Tokugawa, Asakura or Satomi. I might go Miyoshi for Yan Lo, but it's very tempting to do Toshiro up as Uesugi Kenshin, the Dragon of Echigo (and rival of Takeda). As for Lynch, I likely won't pick him up, nor does he really fit these kind of colour schemes.

I might need to play Total War: Shogun 2 again... haven't play Fall of the Samurai yet ;)

I'm still having trouble deciding myself. I'm leaning towards not mimicking any particular clan and going with a largely purple base since I'm doing that on my Neverborn (which are now my main faction). I also just REALLY like working with purple for some reason. My Cryx are purple too and I did it before it became cool. :P

EDIT: Actually, the Uesugi clan is a good scheme and would match them with how I plan to paint my Lynch crew. And looking them up briefly on Wiki, the clan were considered and outsider clan during the Edo period which kind of fits the Katanaka clan it would seem.

Edited by Alviaran

Only 2 samurai armies in history had universal colour schemes for their armies. al other were ragtag band of colours with their banners the only indentifying marks. but for colour schemes it works. One could also look at the clans of legend of the five rings for colour schemes.

I'm debating whether to treat each of my 10T crews as seperate "clans" considering they're all 10T (how do you explain Misaki attacking Mei Feng?)

I can think of a couple of reasons--1)So that Ramos won't suspect Mei Feng. 2) Because Mei Feng is trying to grab a bit too much power in the 10T and needs a smackdown. 2-A)Because Mei Feng stole Misaki's cake for Ramos...

• 2 weeks later...