Places to buy terrain from?

Mournafein

Lots of places online, here are a few that I like

My personal favorites are Crescent Root Designs and Sarissa Precision, you get a lot of bang for your buck with those two.

Edited by Omenbringer

Here are a few more,

• Manor House (Beautiful but expensive, they used to have a lot more as well. I was a big fan of their Cloister)
  • Games Workshop Scenery (Great for ready made hills and full size battle boards)
  • Forge World Warhammer Fantasy terrain (They used to have a lot more but after the site update a large majority was dropped)
  • Zuzzy (Not bad for ground cover, though they do often have a notoriously long delivery time)

Another great resource if you are looking to go at on your own (stratch build) is this site here:

Ellan.de. Who would have though to use fake fur to build realistic looking boards.

Edited by Omenbringer

I've got 2 3x3 Zuzzy mats which took 6 weeks to arrive, but I think they are the best solution to a gamer who doesn't want a dedicated gaming room and permanent terrain.

I also won a tournament in a store I don't usually attend and put the prize support to a box of GF9.com battlefield in a box terrain. While not the greatest, I must admit its looks better than it does on the box.

Really liking the look of the stuff from both Gamecraft and Battleflag. Pricing isn't that bad either (for the base stuff).

While I really like the look, I find there is nothing out there that is Malifaux oriented. having a closed building is usually too big of a terrain piece. You either need to make you own of get Terraclips and make buildings that have paths threw it.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I like most of the Gale Force Nine stuff the only complaint is their hills are really difficult to play on (though they do look great).

I like their Woods/ palms stuff and some of their gothic. I'm not a fan of the hills, crystals, elven stuff. The huts are actually fairly nice

Love the Huts as well, they are really great for Cult of December themed boards, along with the Games Workshop Temple of Skulls and Arcane Ruins sets.

Also agree that some of the best stuff for Malifaux is the Terraclips, though they they aren't for every situation. The stuff from Sarissa precision is great for Western themed boards and is playable inside and out.

SEarch eBay for Foofighterubu Custom Wargaming Terrain. Anita makes some awesome stuff. And she can definitely make it Malifaux themed!

Here is her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/FoofighterubuWargameTerrainStudio

I second Anita her work on my board is first rate! I have been nothing buy impressed with what she has done.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?30694-My-board

see for yourself

• 1 month later...

If you are looking for affordable terrain there is a new company called Modest Magic (modestmagic.com) it is pretty cool stuff. It reminds me a little of legos. Looks like it could be modular too! Also check out this guys youtube channel as well. Some of his custom stuff is amazing. My favorite being the demon cliffs & mobile dungeon. I will add the demon cliff video for you to watch. let me know what you guys think

http://youtu.be/J20a7jvkFWo