Give me a Colette list and I'll run it!

Tuesday

Well, I've been playing Showgirls for almost two years now with only minimal changes to my setup, and finally feel confident enough in my game to start branching out and exploring other options. Who/what else has the potential to flourish under the loving(ly-yelled) direction of Master Magician Colette Du Bois?

This experiment is basically a copycat of what my dear, Guild-addled Jonas is up to. The premise is: You give me a list to play, and I play it in an upcoming game and post the results in a fun and exciting manner!

But first, the rules: (Shamelessly stolen from the other thread)

1. The list must be legal under Malifaux's rules.

2. You can pick the list for a specific strategy (shared or otherwise), and choose the schemes if you wish.

3. The lists can be 25, 30, or 35ss.

4. Models don't have to have been released, as long as they've been printed in books 1, 2, or 3.

5. Your motivation for the list can be anything. Terrible ones, joke ones, terrible joke ones, stuff you're curious about, stuff you want to play but can't for whatever reason. Anything goes.

~Coming Soon to the Star Theatre~

[Lists]

Mr Gideon's Pest Problem. 25 pts.

Proposed by: bashamer

Colette Du Bois - 3 ss

~ Colette, Avatar of Deception [2ss]

~ Desperate Mercenary [2ss]

~ Moleman [3ss]

~ Moleman [3ss]

~ Moleman [3ss]

~ Performer & Mannequin [6ss]

Animal Acts, or: Marcus Never Has to Know. 35 pts.

Proposed by: Grifonetto

Colette Du Bois - 5 ss

~ Myranda [7ss]

~ Sabretooth Cerberus [8ss]

~ Slate Ridge Mauler [7ss]

~ Hoarcat Pride [5ss]

The Pain Train, or: Mr Lazarus Meets New Friends. 35 pts.

Proposed by: Sholto

Colette Du Bois - 7ss cache

~ Mechanical Dove [2ss]

~ Coryphee [7ss]

~ Coryphee [7ss]

~ Lazarus [9ss]

Gentlemen's Audition (Open to the Public). 35 pts.

Proposed by: Barnaberible

Colette Du Bois - 5ss cache

~ Bishop [11ss]

~ Joss [9ss]

~ Johan [5ss]

~ Union Miner [4ss]

~ Union Miner [4ss]

Beauty and the Beast (Who is whom? Choose wisely). 35 pts.

Proposed by: Barnaberible

Colette Du Bois - 6ss cache

~ Killjoy [12ss]

~ Mechanical Dove [2ss]

Edited by Tuesday

The Pain Train

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Colette Du Bois -- 7 Pool

1 Mechanical Dove [2ss]

Coryphée [7ss]

Coryphée [7ss]

Lazarus [9ss]

Performer & Mannequin [6ss]

Basically, Lazarus assimilates (0)Link from the Mannequin and Links to the Duet for the remainder of the game.

The reason the Dove is there is so that, along with another Summoned Dove on Turn 1, both Doves can be killed for scrap. Lazarus picks up both scrap on Turn 1. On Turn 2 he assimilates either Use Soulstone or Subconscious Actions and discards both scrap counters to make it permanent. Begin the Pain Train :)

35SS List:

Colette - 7 Stones

Kaeris - 8

Johan - 5

2 Gunsmiths - 12

Performer & Mannequin - 6

I am trying to think of a list for Colette to just work as a soul stone factory for Kaeris basically so it is meant as a Kaeris list, but added the performer in there so that after turn 2, maybe three if you have a lot of bad hands, she can jump into the middle of things and start adding her weight to the game where its needed. (Link Mannequin to Kaeris, and run performer down the other side of the board so that she has more choices.

Tweak as you see fit, i am just curious how something like this would work out :)

35SS List:

Colette - 7 Stones

Kaeris - 8

Johan - 5

2 Gunsmiths - 12

Performer & Mannequin - 6

(Link Mannequin to Kaeris, and run performer down the other side of the board so that she has more choices.

i think you forgot the Student of Conflict for Kaeris......

and you cannot link a Mannequin to Kaeris. The Mannequins have something on their card only letting them link to other showgirls

Drill, Baby, Drill

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Colette Du Bois -- 5 Pool

Cassandra, Magician's Apprentice [9ss]

Silent One [6ss]

Silent One [6ss]

Soulstone Miner [6ss]

Soulstone Miner [6ss]

The idea of this list is just to have the Soulstone Miners drill lots of Soulstones, and have the Silent Ones give the Miners Frozen Heart and then heal them, so they can keep working. Then Colette makes more Soulstones with Soulstone manipulation. And Cassandra mostly guards. The idea is that you hang out on your side of the board, doing a profitable nonviolent mining trade, and ignore both your opponents and your VP conditions in favor of just generating 4 soulstones a round so you will be filthy rich.

Bonus points for making Mechanical Doves and having them gain more Soulstones in Magician's Duels!

i think you forgot the Student of Conflict for Kaeris......

and you cannot link a Mannequin to Kaeris. The Mannequins have something on their card only letting them link to other showgirls

I was considering the student for her, but decided to leave it out due to i like the extra stones. As much as Colette is there to make stones, i dont like to have her first 3 - 4 actions as a must for making more stones, i prefer the choice :)

As for the link, i had no idea about that i thought it was just standard link, i shall have to check that one, if so it is disappointing:( But thanks for pointing it out:)

Ah yes, Performers Clothes, "this model may only link to showgirls" Never read that, but have only taken a performer with showgirls before so never needed to. But otherwise, the link ability is just standard, and so the Lazarus trick still works if you want to link to something else through stealing link for the mannequin :)