Introduce Yourself

Justin

Hi everyone, I'm just getting into Malifaux, currently reading a lot of the wyrd chronicles for back story and just got delivered my M1.5 book and two expansions. I really want to read up a lot of the fluff before i decide which faction to choose, but I think i'm looking at ten thunders at this point. :PI live in melburne and will be trying to get to Good Games to check out the game .

Hi everyone,

My name is Adam, i have been playing miniature games for a long time but have been trying to find the right size game. The model count, model quality or the new plastics and the fluff pulled me in. The awesome mechanics and community are keeping me here. I picked up Yan Lo and am just waiting to get him finished so i can start playing. It seems the scene in Columbus is kind of small, but i have turned on at least 6 of my friends, and i think i can get them playing regularly. 3 have already bought crews. :) Looking forward to adding to the community.

Good morning wyrdos!?

My name is Andy, I'm from Yorkshire in the UK. I have been drawn to this game by the models and I really like the look of Mei Feng and her crew. I will be picking up this set next month along with other things that I need to start playing. The thing is what do I need apart from the beautiful models to start playing?

Thanks Andy

I would get the mini rulebook and the nicer plasicized deck of Malifaux cards. If the models you get do not have the 2E version of cards you have to get the ten thunders arsenel deck too.

Hello to all here,

I'm Richard, I've been a gamer since 2nd Ed 40k and have been dipping in and out ever since, and I have recently discovered Malifaux and fallen for it hard. I've started collecting a McMourning crew and I'm in the process of getting it all painted up and looking around the Manchester area for other people to set up some games with. I'm interested in any suggestions as to where to start with that!

Hello to all here,

I'm Richard, I've been a gamer since 2nd Ed 40k and have been dipping in and out ever since, and I have recently discovered Malifaux and fallen for it hard. I've started collecting a McMourning crew and I'm in the process of getting it all painted up and looking around the Manchester area for other people to set up some games with. I'm interested in any suggestions as to where to start with that!

Not knowing the Manchester area very well, I can suggest the North West gaming centre in Stockport?

http://www.northwestgamingcentre.co.uk/

I do know thats the main place for Malifaux tourneys in that neck of the woods.

Not knowing the Manchester area very well, I can suggest the North West gaming centre in Stockport?

That's where I picked up my Malifaux gear, so I can't fault the advice! Thing is, I'm a bit cautious about going to a gaming centre before I've got a couple of games under my belt. From what I've seen of Malifaux players I doubt it wouldn't be a problem at all but each time I've returned to 40k I've had the frustrating experience of some prat acting like I'm a babe in the woods just because I haven't memorised the new edition yet. :)

That's where I picked up my Malifaux gear, so I can't fault the advice! Thing is, I'm a bit cautious about going to a gaming centre before I've got a couple of games under my belt. From what I've seen of Malifaux players I doubt it wouldn't be a problem at all but each time I've returned to 40k I've had the frustrating experience of some prat acting like I'm a babe in the woods just because I haven't memorised the new edition yet. :)

Luckily I dont know of any prats in the current established player base :) ....obviosly this may change has the game becomes more popular, but for now its all happy in Malifaux land .....apart from when 'bad things happen' off course :P

Hi there!

I'm new on this forum but I'm playing Malifaux for about two years.

First : english are not my native language, sorry in advance if my writing are not perfect or easy to understand.

I will post my paint job over the miniature section of the forum. I join the forum more to get the push in the back that i needed to continue painting my mini. Life's busy, i'm missing time to paint everything, but with your help I know I will have all the pushing I needed to squeese at least an hour or two every week to get a few minis painted.

In about three day I will upload some of my miniatures photo.

See you soon!

Hi all,

I'm Nick, I've recently got back into miniatures games after a few years off - mostly because I wanted to paint the mountains of GW stuff I realised I still owned.

I'm trying to get the GW blinkers off, and Malifaux looks like a great option to get into and start playing quickly (lower model count, growing player base etc, etc.) so I'm looking to start up a crew in the next month or so.

I'm waiting for my 2e rulebook to arrive before I pick a master I like and get a starter box (or three, knowing me), and then I'll be looking for some games in the Surrey/South London area, so anyone who fancies showing me the ropes (or thumping me!) is more than welcome to get in touch!

Cheers

Nick

Hi,

I'm Zac. I have just gotten started into Malifaux after being a 40k, Dreadball, Warmachine, Battlefleet Gothic, and several other system gamer. I travel for work, so while my "home" is in Michigan, I tend to pop up all over the U.S. I just bought myself a Ten Thunders Crew and an Outcast Crew (Misaki and the Viktorias).

My name is Steve, and I am a miniature gaming addict.

(hi, Steve)

I started out when I was 8 (late 70s, early 80s) with painting Grenadier and Ral Partha models just because I loved painting them. Then in college I started gaming with them in 3rd Ed. Warhammer Fantasy. After college I actually moved up to the Baltimore, MD (USA), area to work for Games Workshop. I worked at the North American HQ for almost 10 years, the last 6 being in the US White Dwarf studio as the Studio Photographer. After my job was dissolved in 2006, I sought work elsewhere, though still in the gaming industry, and have branched out to painting and playing other miniature wargame systems in the past 7 and a half years.

Since 1st edition, I've been painting Malifaux models off and on, both for personal use and for commission. I painted for my (now ex-) wife a 1st ed. Rasputina crew with a Sabertooth Cerberus that I painted to look like a snow tiger. I was pretty proud of that one. :) For myself, I started with Sonnia Criid and her 1st ed. boxed set, having an affinity to set my opponent's models on fire. I recently played my first game of Malifaux 2e, and even though I lost the game, not paying attention to the schemes and scenario, I LOVED lighting up (literally!) my opponent's Ramos crew. :) Being first and foremost a miniature painter, I was also drawn to Pandora's box(pun intended)ed set, and picked it up at my first opportunity. I also picked up a metal 1st ed. Teddy, which has been the most fun painting I have had in a LONG time! :D Hopefully I can get in a game this weekend at my preferred FLGS in the area, because I wanna really "spread the insanity" about. Maybe I'll get lucky. I admit... I am a TERRIBLE tactician, though I still love to play!

As soon as I get some more models painted up, I'll put them in the showcase for critiques and comments, which are ALWAYS welcome. Some of the models I have seen there already are incredible! Gorgeous paint jobs! And I have photographed some of the best painted models in the world, so that's saying something!

Looking forward to more games and more beautifully painted models, and "bad things happening"!

--Steve.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

No worries, Eoin! Your English is very good! No one will have any trouble understanding you.

I don't know what your native language is, but I speak Castillian Spanish, if that helps at all.

--Steve.

• Like 1

Hey all

Just wanted to say 'hi'. Really new to the game but seriously stoked to be getting on with it. Currently waiting very patiently (and feeling mightily sorry for Wyrd!) for my M2E rulebook to arrive so we can get on with playing!

In the meantime, I'm busily painting up my Sonnia crew.

tumblr_mzurraTQi41suq7imo1_500.jpg

Just like to say that having been involved with boardgaming for some time, the Malifaux community has so far proved to be one of the warmest, most helpful and welcoming groups ever. My local henchfolk have been brilliant, even though we've not actually managed to meet up yet (cheers NinjaHamster). Well done peeps for being such a groovy lot and hope to see some of you at UK events when we actually feel like we know what the ^&^*& we're doing

See y'all

paul d

• Like 1

I decided I wanted to paint and play some miniature games this year. It has been a while. I looked at Warhammer, which I used to think about all day when I was a kid. $200 for the rulebook and a codex! That is before any miniature investment. I'd feel ill paying that much. I'm not sure how they get kids into it these days.

I had a bit of a google and found this. I loved Mordenheim. Small skirmishes were fun, and I could spend more time on each model. Malifaux looks fantastic!

I've ordered the hardback 2.0 rulebook. I'm probably going to pick up the thunderes box set just cause they look cool and go from there.

Hey there everyone!

I've just recently become addicted to the dark, weird and wonderful world that is Malifaux!

I used to be a loyal GW 40k player for years but lost interest a few years back for many reasons that I won't get into. I got into Warmachine (which I still play) but it just wasn't quite what I was looking for. A few weeks back I started looking at the absolutely beautiful Malifaux models on the shelf at my LGS wondering what it was all about.

After talking to the shop owner, I decided to try out a demo game the following week. HOOKED! I love the game mechanics, the new models are fantastic, the various factions are highly entertaining, and you don't need many models to play!

I got myself the rulebook plus 2 crew boxes to start and am committed to playing at my LGS as often as possible. I've also got my eye on a few more models to beef up each crew.

I love this game!

Aloha everyone

My name is Sebastian, 31, from Wuppertal, Germany.

Since 2nd Ed is out, and Wyrd releases those good looking plastic miniatures, i`m collecting Malifaux miniatures, and I love them and the game.

I play tabletop games and paint miniatures since 14 years now, both just for having fun.

Recently I finished my Viktoria and Rasputina Crew, and now i`m working on Misaki and Mei Feng Crews.

A friend and I also use the Terraclips stuff, really really good stuff.

And i`m looking forward for new minis! Happy gaming everyone!

Hello! 

I'm Artein. I was playing WFB (Dark Elves), trying to play W40k (Sisters of Battle and Chaos Space Marines) but left those two for Warmachine/Hordes and my awesome Trollbloods army (and a small Mercenaries army as well). Now I'm ready to explore other gaming systems and since I fell in love in new plastic starters and the general feeling of the world of Malifaux.... well I'm here.

I don't really know how to play the game, the rulebooks are out of stock in Poland right now. I still need to have a demo game. All I have is Pandora starter set. Yeah, Pandora and here babies.... I'm literally afraid of them. Nothing scares the **** out of me like innocent kids murdering others with some strange powers. Right now I'm painting my models (and I'm a slow painter) and waiting for a new Teddy. Then Doppleganger, Dreamer, Collodi, Weaver Widow, maybe Lilith and here Nephilims or Jacob Lynch.... then maybe expand to other factions like the Arcanists or the Guild or.... well, too far into the future. Right now I need to learn how to play, paint my crew and buy a rulebook and a fate deck.

Malifaux is MINE!

Just saying HI!

Made a forum account incase I have game questions.

I am kinda new to Malifaux (tried Malifaux version 1.0-whatever and didnt like it, but enjoy 2.0). I play with the Northern Virginia group.

They know who I am... I play Jakob Lynch and lady justice. Would like to get to gremlins when the plastic comes out.