Self loathing with triggers

The Godlyness

Question

17 answers to this question

Pandora cannot activate her targets triggers on self loathing but any abilities on the weapon apply. For instance the plus on Lady J's sword would apply. One great models to use self loathing on is Sonnia. She will get a :+fate flip and she can cast spell for the rest of the turn.

If the Vik currently has Fury on then the +2 damage from the would apply as it is an effect that is already active.

Edited by Twisted Metal

Lady J can do a max of 6 (barring Red Joker), because the Critical Strike trigger is not part of the weapon. She flips at a straight flip due to the :+fate on her sword, but it still can't be cheated.

If Misaki cast Thunder earlier in the turn, she could generate blasts off Self-Loathing.

Lady J can do a max of 6 (barring Red Joker), because the Critical Strike trigger is not part of the weapon. She flips at a straight flip due to the :+fate on her sword, but it still can't be cheated.

If Misaki cast Thunder earlier in the turn, she could generate blasts off Self-Loathing.

Oh, so it CANT be cheated even if its a straight flip? :o

Ok, thats good news!

This came up today when mcmourning is hit by self loathing he dies himself no dmg? I was sad since killing him that way was one of my schemes.

That's hilarious. "Filthy, imperfect body! Raaargh! Oh hey, a lung, better just pop that back in there..."

I suspect if you dig into the exact damage sequence, it might be that if he does enough damage to kill himself then he dies, but if not then he takes no damage. It depends on the order of when death occurs in damage resolution... sadly I don't have time to look into it right now.

This came up today when mcmourning is hit by self loathing he dies himself no dmg? I was sad since killing him that way was one of my schemes.

Heh, myself and Twisted metal were there playing next to ya when this happened. Your opponent was like, 'ok mcmourning, Pandora gave you self loathing, slice your self while avoiding any vital organs, then the piece you cut off your body, slap that goop back on to heal yourself.'