The Availability of Wyrd miniatures in the UK

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, please move if appropriate.

I'm just wondering as to what the deal is with availability in the UK?

I'm finding it real hard to get the miniatures that I want in a timeframe that is acceptable.

Maybe it's because my game for many years has been WFB and I live not far from the UK headquarters, but I've tried using several companies and all seem to have problems getting Wyrd models out to me speedily.

I'm talking waiting 6 weeks for an order and then some of it still not turning up.

From when I wanted Misaki, it took 12 weeks for me to finally get my hands on her!

My friend still waits for his after nearly 5 weeks.

Sometimes I'll get lucky and my stuff will arrive in about a week, most times the average is 4-5 weeks dispatch time.

Now I've decided that Ebay (which I don't like) is the best place to buy new Wyrd stuff as it is garanteed to be in stock and get to me quickest.

Not meaning to moan or anything, I love this game, otherwise I wouldn't be so bothered.

Is this just me and people in my area being unlucky, or are others having the same problems?

Are you ordering from UK stores or from US ones and having them ship international? Given there are a lot of UK players I assume getting stuff can't be that hard. Maybe you have just had some bad luck with the stores you picked.

I am sure someone over the pond will chime in with a suggestion to try.

Up until recently i haven't had much trouble with it, but the last month or so when i have looked around i have seen most of the stuff i looked for out of stock, and am waiting for my Aseamus for nearly 3 weeks now i think but until recently i haven't had to wait for long to find anything just from maelstrom or Wayland.

Are you ordering from UK stores or from US ones and having them ship international?

It's all stores in the UK, I don't like the postage costs or time it would take ordering from the US! ;)

Ozz, no problems with Maelstrom which is strange with all the bad press recently ;) , think it could be a distributor thing as a few people have mentioned it to me.

Firestorm Games in the UK will usually get stuff to you within a week. They don't stock everything (as it says on their site), but they'll get it in and send to you. I just pulled this off their site:

We strive to ship all of our orders on the same day you placed the order (stock permitting). However, if we have an item that is not held in stock at that particular time, we may have to wait for a delivery from the supplier. This may delay your order by a day or two.

Our webstore does not show actual in stock availability because primarily we are a bricks and mortar store selling to customers face to face. Rather than mislead you telling you items are in stock when they are not, we would rather manage your expectations and give you a lead time of 1-5 working days until dispatch. If you have purchased multiple items, we may part ship some of your items and send the rest soon after rather than keeping hold of all of them if only one is out of stock. If you have pre ordered new releases along with other items, we will hold the whole order until all items are ready for dispatch. If you wish to receive your items in 2 shipments, please order them seperately.

If an item is out of stock with the supplier, then we will amend the listing accordingly and advise you it is unavailable. If you need your order urgently, contact us and we can give you a specific delivery time for your items. Having said that, we do carry a pretty big stock list for a shop so most of the time it won't be a problem!

Apologies if this seems like a plug, I don't work for them and I've just had great delivery service from them in the past. Most I've waited so far was 11 days and that was only because of the Queen's Jubilee double Bank Holiday.

If you've got any doubts, ring em up.

P.S. If you buy £30 or more it's free postage.

I love the mental image of swimming in miniatures like Scrooge McDuck! :D

I've nothing but good things to say on Firestorm games' customer service, very pleasant and they let you know what's happening.

I currently have an order that is 4 weeks old though and a miniature and FD I ordered has still not come in to them as of today.

I'm not blaming anyone as these things happen, but for them to happen consistantly to me when ordering from different companies (with friends having the same problems) suggested a problem and was wondering if there was one.

As said though I could just have been unlucky.

Seems a little odd - although not about the Fate Deck as they have just come back in stock after being out for a while at Wyrd. They are back now in bulk!

For the last few weeks our shelves have been full to the brim with malifaux and we've had everything in stock apart from 3 items which Wyrd didn't have the last time we ordered, which included Misaki and Gaki, there will always be the odd thing out of stock but on any normal day it's only ever 2 or 3. It's never been an issue as the next time we order (normally every 2 weeks - sometimes every week) we'll get them back in. So you shouldn't be having these problems unless your timing is really bad=-O

For example Firestorm who you've already mentioned has only been missing the two items mentioned above in his last orders out of 89 items so this sort of puts it into perspective

Obviously shops do have to build up orders to a minimum value before they come through but most of our customers order weekly or bi-monthly so there should never be any major issues.

If you get really desperate take a day-trip to Christchurch and come and pick one off the shelf yourself....we have plenty :-)

In the past I have not had many issues with getting hold of Malifaux products although this year I have.

I have put in 2 orders and one took about 3 weeks to get a desperate merc back in Feb/March and 6-8 weeks to get my Von Schil box (april/may).

The first one I just figured things happen and left it but the other I had to chase up due to an event and was told that the order would be delayed due to supplier issues.

I have noticed some products do seem to stay "out of stock" on websites for a while now.

May have to tryout some of the other suppliers mentioned in this post