New to Seamus and need advice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but what actually makes Hans worth it? If he was 6ss, 7ss as a merc, then I would be willing to take him. But for 9ss he just doesn't bring enough to the table.

Just a few thoughts:

• Rotten Belles can position him via Lure (overcoming his greatest weakness)
  • He provides the best ranged asset Seamus can get his hands on
  • He can fire at the enemy even when Seamus' crew is engaged in melee
  • He offers another method of forcing an opponent to dump control cards with Headshot which enhances Seamus' or Bete's Slit Jugular

How do you give an emery model Massive Dose? Don't you have to use it on a friendly model?

I have wished the Nurses could do exactly this since I got into the game.

Oops thanks for the catch Carse, forgot about that. And yeah Hans is good and all, I just don't see him being worth 9ss. But then again there are times that he really could fit into a stratagy that you're doing, so I guess there will be times that he could help. Is there anything else that could fill that same role for the Ressers that doesn't come with a 9ss cost?

Is there anything else that could fill that same role for the Ressers that doesn't come with a 9ss cost?

No there really isn't anything in the standard resser faction that can fill the role that Hans can. He is expensive and not for every list but he is definately worth a thought with Seamus and the Belles.

I like Bete since she activates as soon as she hits the table and even if she gets killed, she's just gonna come back....again and again and again. That's been my experience and my opponent wasn't as excited about it as I was. The one time I had to pout was when I faced Sonnia using her Nullify Magic. Took some of my fun away....

Bete is great (and one of my favorite models both visually and in play) and I always keep a 10 in hand for just her use. Her ability to pop out unexpectedly is great but she will also be Slow that turn unless something else dies before she activates.

She is not summoned, she is placed. She is not slow on entering the game.

I find that Bete works really well vs other ressers (ironic I know). Turn 1 Mcmourning tries his basic opening combo of killing his Totem for body parts and all of a sudden Bete is in Base contact with him and its your activation. If he decides not to kill his pups because of her then you are just playing your basic game while he is having to change his

I thought that she would come in handy against the Leveticus player at my gs. He generally takes a Canine Remains just to kill it turn 1 so that he has two Hollow Waifs on the table, but if I can pop her out and then flurry to kill both, he'll be in for a hurt :) Well at least that's the plan anyway.

Be aware that you cannot target more than one model with the 3 Strikes from Flurry, they all have to be directed to the same target.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well at the very least it should only take one attack apiece to kill Waifs so I'm not too worried. If all else I'll just throw a knife at one :) Or am I focusing on the Waifs too much? I actually have never beat that player before, not that he's amazing, just that he somehow always seems to draw the right cards at the right time.

Or am I focusing on the Waifs too much? I actually have never beat that player before, not that he's amazing, just that he somehow always seems to draw the right cards at the right time.

Nope killing the Waifs usually puts Levi in a difficult position since it means he has to actually worry about killing himself with his abilities and/ or your attacks. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll be rid of him (because he'll bring them back for free during the end closing phase if he is still on the table) but for that turn at least he'll be hampered somewhat.

Alright I know that this doesn't really fit this thread, but I have a tournament this Sunday. It's a fixed Out of Box tournament. These are the boxes that I have painted right now: Sonnia, Lucius, Seamus, Rasputina, Dreamer, and Zoraida. Also it is 25ss and we are unable to bring anything that wasn't in the box, other than ressers who can raise new ones and such, aka no grabbing totems and the like that didn't come in the box. The strategies will be picked from the expanded and no scheme can be picked twice. Which of these boxes do you all think will do well? I've been thinking either Seamus, Zoraida, or Sonnia, but am open to any advice.

My opinion, go with Zoraida.

You could also conceivably go with Sonnia, but I feel that Zoraida's crew is going to offer you the absolute most flexibility between sheer speed (Zoraida, the Silirids, and the wicked dolls she can summon), Offense (Zoraida's Obeys, her summoned Totem and the not so great but good enough Bad Juju), staying power (Zoraida and Bad Juju), and points denial (Zoraida played well is extremely difficult to kill or pin down, thus any scheme or strat involving doing either to her is in for trouble, especially in a sealed box tourney).

GL!

I'm actually surprised that neither of you said to take the Dreamer, but yeah I was leaning toward Big Z myself. She really can do a number to other crews, especially since I know that Perdita is going to be making a showing :) Is there any set Strategy that I should be especially worried about with Big Z's box? If so, how might I combat it? And who will most likely be my toughest match up other than Hamlin?

Alright first time playing Seamus today. I played against our local Nico player, so I felt like I was at a slight disadvantage with Terrifying being worthless and all. Well we played a 35ss match that actually ended as a draw. He had Claim Jump, Bodyguard, and Surrounded by Death. I had Escape and Survive, Breakthrough, and Bodyguard. I chose to take Seamus, Molly, Bete Noir, Madame Sybelle, and 2 Rotten Belles. We deployed via corners and the funniest thing is that I didn't lose a single model, well I lost one Belle that I summoned. And by the end of the game I had 6 Belles and a Necrotic Machine on the table, didn't own any Dead Doxies at the time, bought a blister on my way out though. We both ended up with 6vp because we both made stupid mistakes. I forgot it was corners deployment and went to the wrong corner, right half of the board, but wrong corner, and then he lost Surrounded by Death because I summoned so many Belles lol. Well it was a lot of fun, but what might I take to overcome aNico? I just didn't want to get too close to him because he just kept putting out Punk Zombies for free.

• 2 weeks later...

When regular terrifying is useful, its REALLY useful. Its just that it has such a low frequency of being useful with so many non-living crews. :(

For that reason, in terms of Seamus usefulness, his avatar is a definite upgrade.

And, for me, more importantly, really FUN!

I have also been liking at least one belle and a hanged with Seamus. Once he is avatared up, its really interesting to see the focus on the avatar and when a hanged is considered "not top priority", its just... mean...

I do not have nearly enough time with Seamus, really just having started to play rezzers not named Nicodem since Adepticon. (In the last 4 weeks, I have played Seamus, McMourning and Kirai all for the first times)

After trying McMourning first, Seamus definitely felt like a kick to the groin to drop down to a 2 soulstone cache. You have to short yourself so much to get that cache up that he feels like he is taking 75% of a crew... ( I know the actual math is different, I am just saying what it feels like to me)

And unlike Nicodem, where I can have 3 mindless zombies up and running turn 1 for protection or potential summoning fodder (As well as taking care of a Manifest requirement already), Seamus does not have any sort of good "grow" type approach to compensate for his smaller starting crew. (And McMourning? Forget about it... 3 points of models turns into a Rogue Necromancy and he had a 6-cache to START WITH?? Of any of the rezzer masters that did NOT need the best grow-ratio, it was him...)

We have been playing exclusively 30SS games since a few months before adepticon. This is a list I enjoyed:

Ressurectionists Crew - 30 - Scrap

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter -- 8 Pool

+ Seamus, Avatar of Dread [2ss]

Madame Sybelle [6ss]

Rotten Belles [4ss]

Rotten Belles [4ss]

The Hanged [8ss]

I just try to position the belles for objective denial if possible and the hanged tries to get into charge range of objectives to hopefully "frighten" away would-be objective takers. Seamus tries to stay near enough the belles to give them faster walk and does his manifest requirements first 2 turns, giving himself terrifying-14. Turn 3 I try to be within walking distance of an enemy model so that I can manifest close enough to get armor +2. (Use belles and even Sybelle if extra lure maneuvering is needed)

From there, I just try to arrange things as best as I can to stay in melee range of as many enemy models as possible, healing from failed morale duels and beating face. The hanged runs around trying to give :-fate WP flips with his melee trigger to whatever the most important model in melee range of Seamus is and Sybelle and the belles try to deal with objectives. (Whether preventing theirs, or getting ours)

I am sure that many people with more experience playing with or against Seamus could suggest many other things that might work better.

One important thing that I have learned is that its not always best to kill everything around you as fast as possible. You may very well find yourself cheating down the damage on a particular disengage attack because if its the last model and you kill them and there is ranged attacks around you, you may find yourself naked and without armor+2. And the more times they fail your terror or whatever sorts of other morale checks you throw at them, the more you heal.

That list actually looks a lot like what I have planned for my Seamus. I haven't been able to get my hands on his avatar as of yet, but I really love it. I started playing Seamus because I just fell in love with that model lol, well that and Molly that is. Truth be told I tend to run my Seamus crew as a very non-competitive crew that's just really there for the fun of it:

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Seamus - 4

Molly - 9

Sue - 8

Madame Sybelle - 6

Rotten Belle - 4

Rotten Belle - 4

Necrotic Machine - 2

Not really sure if this list really is all that great in truth, but the two times that I've played I've won by a large margin. Oh and I've only ever played Seamus 3 times now, so I'm still really inexperienced.