Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

Always too much models, too little time and money....

I thought of doing multicolored piggies myself, but I think I'll go for the wild boar look and I'll wait for the plastic ones now they are playable with Marcus.

Yeah. I am trying to cut back on models and restrict myself to certain projects. Luckily Wyrd wont be releasing the new plastics all too quickly. :D

multicolored piggies would only work if you went for a really funky crew. A hippie alteration of the grems would make that work.

Dey iz so kewt!

Nice work, I'm liking how you have the pigs interacting with the bases.

Thanks! The problem with the pigs is that they are so dull in a simple way. Such tiny little things. So I tried to come up with a way or two to make them look more special. :)

Had is right. Now you've pushed him so far back on your to do list, that he's on my painting table. :1_Exhausted_Puppet:

Yeah. :D

Though I will eventually repurchase him. Probably some time next year, should I be ready to paint him yet. I still want to play the guy, just I have many other priorities atm. ^^

*howl* Cannot believe you just said such things about dear dear piggies.

LUCKILY THOUGH, these look amazing :)

xD

They really are little swines! Game-play they are just small fry to harass your opponent with. Avatar Som'er used to poop those little suckers out in game. I wouldn't say they are figuratively ****ty, if you know what I mean. Literally on the other hand... :P

Thanks! But as said, me thinks they are pretty sloppy. I am easing myself back into painting. ^^

Game-play they are just small fry to harass your opponent with.

People would say the same thing about Chihuahua's but see if you agree with 100 of them coming at you!!. I may make an entire team just made of piggies to prove this point*.

* Rules of game play. I am allowed up to 100 piggies. They bite.

I love the interaction between the bases and the piggies. And now that you've got yourself warmed up we should have even better things to come! :)

Thanks! As mentioned before I wanted to make them look more interesting. The little things are kind of dull as such and aren't really that fun to look at. It is just unfortunate that the piglet in the hog whisperer pack is one of the original 3. Would have preferred a fourth alternate model. Though it seems I will be adding M2E plastic pigs (and bayou grems for that matter) to my mob. :D

People would say the same thing about Chihuahua's but see if you agree with 100 of them coming at you!!. I may make an entire team just made of piggies to prove this point*.

* Rules of game play. I am allowed up to 100 piggies. They bite.

You can only have one Chihuahua though. :0

Technically you can field 100 piggies. A 400SS list would be pretty crazy though. PIGAGEDDON!!!!

Also Marcus can field dem pigs. ;)

*guess who else is going to be in my line up for gremlin goodness. :P *

Technically you can field 100 piggies. A 400SS list would be pretty crazy though. PIGAGEDDON!!!!

Also Marcus can field dem pigs. ;)

*guess who else is going to be in my line up for gremlin goodness. :P *

I was actually unaware of this. Ordering 100 piggies AS WE SPEAK.

Oooooooh, are you painting a Marcus???

I was actually unaware of this. Ordering 100 piggies AS WE SPEAK.

Oooooooh, are you painting a Marcus???

He is in my line up. But I will be waiting until the new plastics are out. Mostly interested in new Myranda and Cojo. :)

Here a quick update on GREMIN MONTH shenanigans. I haven't been able to finish these guys in two days. 5 hours of over time kind of prevented me from doing it. Still here's what they look like thus far. :)

20130823_024122_zps296b4a3b.jpg

20130823_024059_zps33582321.jpg

20130823_024207_zps15dfae1e.jpg

Slop Hauler isn't sloppy enough :-P

Your vision is much more interesting than the Wyrds original and his overbite doesn't look so hideous in this version. He's more of a fisherman than a village idiot that I've envisioned him to be before I've seen your version.

Sheriff young Lacroix is my favorite and yours is all about respect for his Authoritah!

I wanted to post URL, but it didn't let me.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
authoritah!

Thanks!

I do think they are pretty sloppy. I tried to rush them since I planned on playing with them this weekend. I will, however, clean up a bit here and there and make them look better. Take a bit more time to make them look more appealing.

Sheriff LaCroix:

Hat band = clean up and more subtle folds.

Hat = cleaner and thinner highlights.

Boots = cleaner and smaller highlights.

Duster = more popping highlights.

Marshal LaCroix:

Hat = cleaner and thinner highlights.

hat band = more popping highlights.

Slop Hauler:

Beanie = cleaner and thinner highlights.

ropes = cleaner and better

Obviously this calls for a photo of this mini from the back.

It will have to wait until possibly later today. Still gotta go pick up my Tara box at German customs. Sitting there may take up to four hours. D:

If I make it I will finish up Lenny in a few ways and then take new pics. Also of his rear end (and the pig's!).

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

I second the motion!

Also: I really like the paint jobs on these, they look great in these photos. :)

Thanks! :D

I finally managed to finish up the two models currently on my desk. Here they are! :)

20130912_191600_zpse3838984.jpg

20130912_191639_zpsa1eb5038.jpg

Lenny is pretty awesome. I am still thinking about giving him some grease stains and other stains on his shirt, cause he probably has poor hygiene (I am not saying that gremlins in general have proper hygiene. I am saying he is probably worse than the worst. lol). Ideas?

20130912_191456_zps09d11ce2.jpg

20130912_191512_zpse1a73ca0.jpg

This fella turned out pretty well. I kept thinking he had a second pair of glasses on, but he actually has an eye patch. Went for a green look to it, so I can add that color in some other way. Turned out well, imo. :)

(I am not saying that gremlins in general have proper hygiene. I am saying he is probably worse than the worst. lol).

Hahaha. This sounded like a politically correct back pedal - just to ensure no one on the forums thought you were a gremlin racist.

These are looking amazing as usual. I love the use of the water effects in the bases. I must try that stuff out!!