Other Colette Lists

mythicFOX

An output of 8-10 Dg/turn is not amazing for 14ss. Don't get me wrong the whole package is worth 14ss, just not based on the Dg output alone.

All IMHO.

In that context you are very much correct. However, the entire package is the reason you bring it, Colette is very much a hit-and-run army. And when you think about it in that context, a piece with that kind of mobility and support being able to do that 8-10 is almost overpowered when you really figure out how to use it.

For 14 points it could always hit harder. However, to make it beefier in the damage profile would probably cost it all of its difficult-to-pin-down, quick moving tricks and essentially turn it into a steamborg or killjoy. That's all fine and dandy, but it's not how Colette plays.

Ok getting into the options the crew has to put them right their look threw all your books and compare threat ranges outside of MASTERS their are maybe 10 things in the entire game that have a in built threat ranges exceding 9" that have stats that can reliable beat the duets 7+ defense out of a total of about 150-180 models in the range. The in built threat range of the duet is 10", then factor in illusionist and the swap duet with cassie is 18" for the switch. So before you activate the duet you potentially have 28" of threat coverage on the board a board is 36"X36", 28" is somewhere between 75%-85% of the damn board if you are telling me you are incapable of setting up the prior turn of this situation to drop them in and deliver 3ap off when you need too then obviously this crew is beyond your realm of grasping.

The delivery options this crew has guarantee initiative of either Cassandra or the duet to when you need to first strike the opposition to bring down damage in the form of 3/3/5 templates. Or the tough model getting alpha'd off the board via manne replace. Or single target damage from the duet of 8-10 wounds (granted I understand that if you flipped weak on both melee attacks you would only do 7 but if you are telling me your hand is that weak and you don't have 1 moderate card to cheat in then your hand sucks that turn and you probably should not be aggressive on that turn at your opponents models.

Now they might not all be beatstick or able to beatstick (if we could our crew would get the $$$$$$$$ cuddled out of us like the dreamer did) all at once in the crew but when you have one of those 3 options available to you I really fail to see how if their is a model that concerns you how they are in the game longer than 2-3 turns tops unless you outspeed them and leave them in the dust.

In addition to only having maybe 2-3 crews in the entire game outside of our own that can grab points as fast (colludi +dolls, kirai, and dreamer possibly don't know how the crew's movement is since the changes) on top of the mobility that allows us to alpha models (potentially 2-3 in a duo companion activation depending how close together the enemy models are) I fail to see how people expect a 3/4/6 range out of a model that potentially has 39" of total movement in one activation (sublime zero plus 1 target in range of each walk activation with sword dance up = 13" of each movement ap you spend).

To put it into 40k terms since most our familiar with the game we (colette crew) our the "eldar" of the game. If you play them as such once you get the hang of the crew it is few and far between that we cannot complete any strat/scheme with very little forthought.

Edited by Odin1981

On note on Union Miners: they happen to be M&SU members. With Colette, you get 5 of them for 15 ss. Take that, silly Duet! At 35 ss you could run something like this:

Colette (3+1)

Johan (5)

Union Miner (3)

Union Miner (3)

Union Miner (3)

Union Miner (3)

Union Miner (3)

Joss (8)

Performer + Manequin (6)

I'm a Malifaux noobie but it would seem that comparing Corphyee Duet to things like Steamborgs is kinda disingenuous. Steamborgs are all about stabbing people in the face and the Duet is more about being so annoying that your opponent want to stab you in the face. If Steamborgs could wander 9" up to you, beat you half to death and get teleported out of danger then the relative damage output would be more relevant.

Wait, I don't think that Union Miner thing works. Colette avoids out of faction cost increases, doesn't she? She doesn't just take 1 point off cost. So Union Miners would still cost her 4 points. And they'd still be part of a Strike Force, so you'd still be limited to 2.

Wait, I don't think that Union Miner thing works. Colette avoids out of faction cost increases, doesn't she? She doesn't just take 1 point off cost. So Union Miners would still cost her 4 points. And they'd still be part of a Strike Force, so you'd still be limited to 2.

This is correct.

Yes, you're right.

After reading this thread, and in particular Odin1981's post, I'm going to have to give the duet a try. I have owned it since the beginning but I admit the 14ss cost has always scared me a bit. I come from Warhammer/40k/warmachine background.

I like Malifaux because it is nothing like those games. But I still have instincts that trigger nervous reactions to taking high pointed models.

I'm a Malifaux noobie but it would seem that comparing Coryphee Duet to things like Steamborgs is kinda disingenuous. Steamborgs are all about stabbing people in the face and the Duet is more about being so annoying that your opponent want to stab you in the face. If Steamborgs could wander 9" up to you, beat you half to death and get teleported out of danger then the relative damage output would be more relevant.

Correct, and the analysis has cleaned up a lot since I first posted about it. I was just countering the idea that they do good damage. They're damage is about right for a 5-6 point model. Their power is that they can do it to anyone at any time with little fear of retribution, not to mention that they'll be completing objectives and winning games at the same time.

Correct, and the analysis has cleaned up a lot since I first posted about it. I was just countering the idea that they do good damage. They're damage is about right for a 5-6 point model. Their power is that they can do it to anyone at any time with little fear of retribution, not to mention that they'll be completing objectives and winning games at the same time.

Then go back to neverborne where you can play stitched together and do that but no other faction in the game has that damage capability that they have been blessed with on that cheap a model. 8-10 damage on a full activation spending all ap with the duet will let you kill 85% of the models in the game when you need it with the exception of masters that still have ss left for damage prevention and models with a woound statistic of 11 or higher.

Then go back to neverborne where you can play stitched together and do that but no other faction in the game has that damage capability that they have been blessed with on that cheap a model. 8-10 damage on a full activation spending all ap with the duet will let you kill 85% of the models in the game when you need it with the exception of masters that still have ss left for damage prevention and models with a woound statistic of 11 or higher.

Easy Odin. My man CRC is agreeing with you. No need to get irritated.

Just about any model with flurry or melee expert can dish out 8-10 damage if they flip decently.

The ones I was specifically thinking of are the Punk Zombie and the Large SP Arachnid, but Ronin, Johan, and Convict Gunslingers can also do it fairly easily.

Am I crazy in thinking that Lazarus (Outcast, twisting fates) is an option? Expensive at 9 points but it is fairly durable, blast heavy, immune to influence and can dish out the damage. Add to that it can borrow a fairly wide range of talents/spells from the doves, mannequins, coryphee and to a lesser extent the fire gamin. If it could somehow gain two scrap counters along the way, link would be a very interesting permanent gain.

Just about any model with flurry or melee expert can dish out 8-10 damage if they flip decently.

Correct- but those models need to essentially start the activation in BtB to do it. Punk Zombie, Johan are also very slow models. Duet can do that damage range and remain mobile and unengaged if necessary. So it's situational.

Played this crew earlier this week:

30ss Scrap

Collette (7 cache)

Cassandra

Performer/Mannequin

Angelica

SS Miner

Interesting, challenging little list. I've used Angelica a few times now and she's definitely not an auto-include, but if your opponent is trying to run morale tactics on you, Angie is amazing. Unfortunately your opponent figures this out the first time and then promptly one-shots her, lol. In this crew, Cassie does the heavy lifting, and you get to be really creative with her Understudy, but the crew is slower and has a very tough time putting down enemies with any speed or efficiency. And yeah, I still dig the miner- in this list its versatility helps, and people don't pay it much mind with all the stuff the girls are doing.