My first miniatures for Malifaux

Synthet

Thank´s zFiend!
I try to build my bases myself, but I still use some product´s like the pillar and the gates who comes from a hobbytrain shop and some grass turfs. Other than that it´s just some cork, a bit of sand/dirt and plasticcard. The taller "grass"/bushes are made of moss who I dried.

I started to paint somewhere around the age of 14-15 maybe (about 20 years ago!)...then I keept on for many years, hade some years away from the hobby but found myself back about 3-4 years ago. Still, working fulltime and beeing a single parent with two kids painting time i strictly limited..

Thank´s! It´s all come down to practise, take one thing and do that for 1-2h a day and soon you will get the understanding about it. For myself I find that Space marines are good for one thing, practice! Large areas and flat wich means that every "misstake" shows. I do a Space marie once in a while to try out something new.

Next thing, give yourself creed for the thing´s you do. the only person you really should compare with is yourself. When you compare your work with, let say Yellow One (who is one of the greatest painters in the world, as far as I concern) it´s easy to lose motivation and that should not be the point. Still look for inspiration, ask questions and the most important thing at all have fun! Suddenly you have found yourself in the "happy mode" and you stop thinking about what you do and just do it. Not saying it happens to me every time, but from time to time and then all that exist is you, the colors and the mini.

To quote Roman from MV, "everything happens for a reason". Sometimes the "misstakes" you do turn out to be the best part of your mini since it makes you go creative.

Edit: I almost forgot, sit down with some friends and paint if you can. Doing that really helps me in my painting, and you have a good time beeing able to give direct feedback on each others work. Don´t mind if not everybody is on "the same level" of experience, you all doing it for one reason, fun! Right?

• Like 1

As promised, the small step by step on making a fantasy base. The same ideas can be applied on most bases. I had already started the base when I got this request, but you will get the idea. When the building of the base is done it will not look that spectacular but once it gets some paints and a miniature and the last tuches it will look good.

Here is a link to the step by step. Hope that it will help someone:)

http://www.minipainting.se/making-fantasy-base/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your bases are insanely good looking.

Also I took your advice and have tried to paint 1-2hrs a day and it really keeps the edge on the thing and you know exactly where you left off and what you wanted to achieve, also it gives you some perspective when you paint in smaller batches on the paintjob, if you paint it straight on you lose focus, but if you paint 2hrs on one day and 2hrs the next day you see everything better. :) 

Not actually a Malifaux mini, but since it was a while since last post I thought that I might give an update on the fantasybase I started (and forgot...). I placed an old GW mini, Aenur the sword of twilight on the base (from Mordheim if someone remembered). Almost done.

Aenur1.jpg

• Like 3