My first miniatures for Malifaux

Synthet

about two weeks ago I was introduced to the game Malifaux, what a joy! The miniatures are fantastic and the game itself was great. So I decided to start with a starter box, I choose Nicodem. I have started to paint some samurai punk zombies as well as Mortimer and Nicodem, and I thought that I should post some pic´s here.

first out are a WIP on the punk zombies, they should be finsihed during this week, and hopefully both Nicodem and Mortimer should get there WIP pictures.

Anyway, C&C are welcomed as I want to improve my painting skills.

post-10016-13911922753669_thumb.jpg

post-10016-13911922752865_thumb.jpg

post-10016-13911922753319_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thank´s for all the kind words. Yes, they are still WIP´s there are some highligts that needs to be smoothen out, more work on there skin and the bases.

I hope to have painted the whole Nicodem´s box during this week or next.

On my to do list is

Touching up´s on the Punks

Nicodem

Mortimer

Vulture

Grave spirit

3 Mindless zombies

And if that´s not enough...i have the Rasputina box coming in soon;)

Lol, still WIP, i have just (completely by accident) found these pics through Google images to show me where i need to paint what on mine:P

They look ace, i just wish i had the patience to learn how to paint half as good as that :)

Great work:)

Excellent job on these, I particularly the skin - looks great. Since it's still a WIP, you may consider adding some rust to the blades to go better with the rotten look of the minis.

In a similar vein, the only thing I noticed is that the 3rd zombie's robes look awfully fresh for a dessicated corpse. The shading and all is lovely- it just looks too nice to be on a rotter *wink*

Thank´s for all replies. When I consider them done, I will add some weathering effects on them like rust, and some dirt to clothes. I agree that the purple looks way to "new".

It´s nice that so many of you have replied on this post, makes me happy.

I will try to find some time tomorrow to paint some more.

I did some weathering on the Samurai punk zombies and added another glaze on there skin. They looks good when holding them in your hand, to bad the photos won´t do exactly the same.

I also started on a mindless zombie and did some more on Nicodem.

As always, critism is welcomed!

Samurai+punk+zombie+1.jpg

Samurai+punk+zombie+2.jpg

Samurai+punk+zombie+3.jpg

Mindless+zombie+1+WIP1.jpg

Nicodem+WIP1-1.jpg

• Like 1

What can I say? These guys look incredible! The weathering and skin tones on the Punks, which are not my favorite models in the Malifaux range (sorry, but mohawks are sooo GW), are outstanding, and I love how you've brought out their facial expressions so crisply. And your Nico, with the very classy mix of black and that rich, velvety red, may be the best I've ever seen. What color did you use for that red, BTW? It's dark, yet not muted much at all.

Thank´s to all of you! I´m actually surprised that I have got so much good feedback on my minis. Hopefully new photos will come today.

El Indo: I agree about the mohawk, I have some thought´s about getting another blister of the punk zombies and cut of the mohawk on that one.

For the red I used Black red, Black brown and red (from Vallejo).First I use a 1:1 mix of black red and Black brown following by pure Black red. Then I added about 3:1 black red with red and keep adding red to the mix untill I got the desired result. I´m thinking about adding a final highligt on the red with a 2:1 mix of Red and Bright orange but it might get to bright then. I´ll see what happens during this day:)

Nicodem reached gaming standard last night and here is also a very early WIP on Mortimer. I feel like I want to rush the painting on my Malifuax crew since I hate to take unpainted minis to the gaming table. My intensions is to paint all minis to gaming standard and then I can start to do some tuch- up´s on them.

Nicodem+klar.jpg

Mortimer+WIP1.jpg

• Like 1

Your idea of "gaming standard" is probably something that many people strive for. Really like what I can see on Nicodem, nice highlights on the black cloak and a great dark look on the red elements. The sword looks interesting, could you take another picture from a different angle that would show it better?