My Sonnia Criid crew - comments and suggestions appreciated

dunce002917

So I finnally finished my Sonnia Criid crew. As of now, they are pre-washed. I'm thinking black GW wash on Sonnia and Samael and blue GW wash on the Witchling Stalkers.

post-9656-13911922425087_thumb.jpg

Here's my Sonnia Criid. I chose to paint her coat red and painted her hair orange. I'm going for almost devilish look and the Wyrd Flame base insert and accessories really gave her the inferno look. I'll probably try to have the outlines "pop" with the GW black wash.

post-9656-13911922425835_thumb.jpg

Here's Samael Hopkins. He kinda gave me a hard time due to the detail of his clothing. But I think it came out well. The red poncho kept to the "red devil" theme that Sonnia had. Again, I hope to "pop" the outlines with a black wash.

post-9656-13911922428668_thumb.jpg

My Witchling Stalkers almost became a disaster. I initially painted their cloaks in 1 color (brown) and they came out boring. So I decided to "wash" the lower cloak area with a darker shade of brown and used a tan wash for the upper cloak area. The end product reminded me of an old Jedi robe. The swords I painted with P3 Pig Iron and washed it with Arcane Blue giving a "runed" light saber-y effect. The eyes I decided to color green instead of yellow - I didn't want them to look like Jawas. I'll wash them with GW Blue to hopefully give the blue hue effect.

I hope you like my crew. Suggestions and comments are appreciated.

I'll post the post-washed models soon.

post-9656-13911922426589_thumb.jpg

post-9656-13911922427811_thumb.jpg

She does look good pn the flame base, if I ever rebase my Sonnia I may have to borrow that idea.

I like the brown scheme on the witchlings, the blue sword is offset nicely too.

I got the flame idea for the Sonnia Avatar model... i was planning to just use the base insert but the small flames were not impressive enough so I used the fire pillars it came with.

Now that I have washed the models, the black shade made the flames look more dangerous/comic style.

The blue witchling sword sword idea also came from the Lord of the Rings... so orcs are in the area.. LOL

They look awesome!! I see, nevertheless, that you took your pictures under a yellow light, and I wonder how much does that detract from your intended color scheme and general look.

Great work!!

Thanks! I know, I should get better lighting... my wife and I just set up our new computer workstation with my side of the table doubling as my paint "studio". Since my table would be right next to a white wall, finding better lighting should be a bit easier.

The difference between the WIP and the finished product is night and day. They look really good. The only thing i'm not entirely behind is the Witchling eyes. They always seem off to me when you don't source light the interior of the hood a little.

Otherwise nicely done.

Thanks... I was kinda worried my Witchlings would look like Jawas... any suggestions on how make the eyes better? I'm sure my crew scheme would survive a minor edit of the eyes.

Do you think I should dab a thinned light green color inside the hood?