SpiralngCadaver's Arcanist paint log

SpiralngCadavr

The colour scheme on the golem and gamin is great, nice work!

Thanks, it wasn't what I was originally intending (way darker, but I decided to go with it), but it came out pretty well, I thought.

Absolutely one of the best versions of this crew I've seen. Love it!

Wow! Thanks! I appreciate your work, too.

Wow- thanks for all of the positive feedback!

I just primed my little beasties (Wendigo and a bunch of Hoarcats), and am going to try to get to those this weekend.

I can't wait to get/paint a Silent One and SnowStorm, but I haven't been able to find them yet.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Gamin, but they've grown on me, and I love the rest of the December theme.

Great work and I like seeing a darker colour pallet on raspy for a change. I painted mine with a white coat but wasn't happy and bought another, I'm going to try a darker pallet myself no my 2nd mini of her, thanks for the inspiration :)

Glad I could help!

Personally, I don't think the dark colors are necessary (I just tend to go dark)-- I feel that the real issue is the blue: blue isn't a very easily acquired natural color, so, especially in pre/early-modern dyes, you're not going to see a ton of it. Add to that that it's an extremely light (note: not faded, just light) blue, and you're talking about fabric that needed to be heavily processed.

This all adds up to something much more expensive/hard to get than something Rasputina (an ex-con) would be likely to have access to or flaunt, and certainly seems unlikely for the December cultists to get.

You can definitely make up reasons (different colors are more common in Malifaux, or the Union connections allowed her to get rarer fabrics), but I preferred to go with the more obvious colors, and go with something natural.