Fluff/Story Wiki?

I just got my hands on Twisting Fates and have started to read the (so far amazing) fluff but I'm a little fuzzy, having read the first two books a long time ago now.

Does anyone know any sites (or is there a thread maybe? I searched "Fluff" and "Story" to no avail) that summarize the story so far, the details on the events, the Tyrant Entities, etc.? It would be great to read a summary of Rising Powers without having to re-read the whole thing. Plus a wiki would be just be great anyway.

It was pondered as an addition to the Wiki, but we'd need to purpose the idea to Wyrd and make sure we don't run aground of Copyright issues etc. I can look into this if there is enough call for the wiki to expand into carrying story content to. I'll post back later.

maybe don't post direct fluff from the books, but get someone to do a summary, like those star wars in 60 seconds things?

But obviously a bit more detailed!

But would that circumnavigate the copyright issues..

It would only have to be a brief overview of events?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

For what it's worth, Karn, you'd be my personal hero forever.

Don't pander to his ego...he thrives on it! ;)

*ducks swipe*

Im kind of mixed on this idea. I love the fluff and love the idea of discussing it. Id even go as far as to say the care put into the fluff sets Malifaux apart from other games just as much as any other component.

As to summaries of it though... I dont think we should look at it just as a copyright issue (though thats legally valid.)

I doubt Im only one whos main motivation to buy each book is the fluff. Otherwise all you need is the abridge rule book (and you could actually get by with download if someone at the local store you play has a rule book.) There is a enough discussion on the forums most people can decide which minis they want without looking through the books.

Would too much discussion on the plots and such costs Wyrd some sells? Sure a lot of people out there figure a companies sells is there problem. But most us on these forums understand that our future fun relies Wyrds financial needs being met.

maybe don't post direct fluff from the books, but get someone to do a summary, like those star wars in 60 seconds things?

But obviously a bit more detailed!

But would that circumnavigate the copyright issues..

It would only have to be a brief overview of events?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Don't pander to his ego...he thrives on it! ;)

*ducks swipe*

i'd think so, warhammer websites have been able to do similar to that for years without any issues and we know how rabid GW can be with it's copyrights

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think you're better off with a thread like this in which you clearly label it a "Fluff Discussion - Spoilers involved" or some such. Then, you guys could more or less just ask questions and discuss whatever you want.

When I see threads labeled with "fluff" in it, I typically poke my head in specifically to see if there's questions or what-not.

Occasionally Nathan or Eric will muzzle me because I start writing books about the books on the forums, because, you know....I'm kinda verbose.

• 2 months later...