Stinkoman's crews

stinkoman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

It's been a long time since i updated this thread. i just got my rail crew and love the models so much im trying to get some of my other Archanists models out of the way.

Ramos gets an upgrade!

IMG_20120917_223759.jpg

And some buddies.

IMG_20120917_223732.jpg

IMG_20120917_223640.jpg

IMG_20120917_223555.jpg

Some Guild addons

IMG_20120917_223538.jpg

IMG_20120917_223520.jpg

And slowly but surely trying to finish up my Lilith crew.

IMG_20120917_223336.jpg

Next up, a couple of more Archanists and then the start of my rail crew.

Edited by stinkoman
Fixed image links

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is the first half of my rail crew (and first attempt at the new plastics). i have to say that though the detail is definitely in the plastics, it is a bit shallow. If your used to using the depth of the model to help you while you paint, it is really tough to do with these.

2012-10-08_22-27-49_440.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. i don't have a good light anymore. :( The bases were a quick job and came out better than i thought they were (so i kept them). i might add some static dead long grass here and there to help it out.

Let me know what you think. i haven't seen too many painted rail crews yet.

I basically went off of the card. i'm not too imaginative when it comes to color, so i pretty much copy the standard colors with a couple of tweaks.

The white shirt is just astronimican grey base and some scar white layer.

Another thing to note about painting these plastics, is that you really have to use thin layers. you can see a little buildup of the paint on the flesh and detail areas.

As for the bases, they are just made with plastic strips and gravel. I took a long strip (you can get at any hobby shop in the Plastruct section), dragged some low grit sand paper across it to give it a wood texture and glued an "I" beam across it to make the rail. They actually sell half I beams that would be better suited for a rail, but i was just using what i had at the time.

Thanks for the comments.

You might have tried to add a bit more depth to them with deeper shades and a few more highlights but it's a very nice and clean paintjob nonetheless.

yeah, im thinking about re-shading the skin (a little too light to be rail workers). Ironically, i was going for a more subtle shaded look. a little more realistic. but i think im going to go back to my old style.

Great models and wonderful basing. Only one question though, where is the Rail Golem?

He's next :1_Happy_Puppet1: As soon as i can get some more time from my wife to paint :1_Happy_Puppet2::

Thanks Viruk, with all the talent on these forums, im sure it wont stay that way (good thing).

One Arcanist crew left to paint (and it might be the biggest).

Edited by stinkoman