Super-Synergy Theory, Help me work out the holes!

(TV)

Been doing lots of gamey meta-guy lameness in my head in efforts to make molly work well and here's one of the things I came up with:

Ressurectionists Crew - 25 - Scrap

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter -- 5 Pool

Molly Squidpiddge [9ss]

Nurse [5ss]

Sue [8ss]

At bigger sizes, just add belles if in doubt.

Features that only took me 5 mins to see, probably way more:

- Double activations for both sue and molly every turn they and the nurse are still around

- +2 WP in opposed duels from sue and *-2* WP for all enemy living models. Besides just super powerful terror-bombing, molly still has the twisted mind trigger to make this feel more like a 'dora crew

-Incredibly hard to kill with seamus's vamp abilities, molly's defensive buffs/triggers, and nurse's (0) passives, drug buffs and the full heal (2) spell.

- Very fast due to bell synergy, or at least can easily get scary fast elements in a hurry if needed.

-Tons of passive damage to attackers from necrotic spray and ring of fire

So, am I mis-reading any rules/abilities, or what? Has anyone tried something similar or do I need to get some serious play testing going ? I'd love to have a good discussion on all the potentials, anyway, as I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like to.

Regards,

TV

Shrug off is a 0, you cant copy it.

And in any case Molly's whispered secret is nreliable at best and card intensive at worst. Rezzers are very crow dependant (one of their major weaknesses) and burning one just to copy a spell, not even cast it, is a lot of card disadvantage.

Also, theyre only hard to kill on paper. Youre overestimating how tough your crew is. And it has very little damage dealing ability in reality, too.

Nice theoryfaux list but you wont want to play it properly :)

Did they change shrug off for sue's card, because my book says (1) ?

I agree with you on whispered secret, though I was thinking that card control would be a bit easier with Sue as well.

It's great to hear from experienced types though as again I don't have much choice but to theorize, usually XD

Regards,

TV

Did they change shrug off for sue's card, because my book says (1) ?

I agree with you on whispered secret, though I was thinking that card control would be a bit easier with Sue as well.

It's great to hear from experienced types though as again I don't have much choice but to theorize, usually XD

Regards,

TV

Hadnt noticed the book says (1). I expect that it's a typo, because Shrug Off has always been a (0) on all Guild models and I don't see why it would change; I'd expect to see that fixed on his card.

I've played Molly not extensively but a fair bit now and she's been mostly relegated to my shelf. She just doesn't perform like it looks like she should, because she's a suit dependant support model in a faction of suit dependant models and support models. The final nail in her coffin was losing the ability to kill leaders with Philosophy of Uncertainty (on her card), which was previously a pretty big board threat and the main reason to run her.

Hadnt noticed the book says (1). I expect that it's a typo, because Shrug Off has always been a (0) on all Guild models and I don't see why it would change; I'd expect to see that fixed on his card.

I've played Molly not extensively but a fair bit now and she's been mostly relegated to my shelf. She just doesn't perform like it looks like she should, because she's a suit dependant support model in a faction of suit dependant models and support models. The final nail in her coffin was losing the ability to kill leaders with Philosophy of Uncertainty (on her card), which was previously a pretty big board threat and the main reason to run her.

Ok, well I guess it would be useful if anyone has the new sue card to see if it's (1) for some devious reason, but you can see now how I saw the setup that way haha.

I was just thinking about what you had said before I posted the thread, about how she got that cuddle between book and card, and yeah, it's tough with Molly. That's why I want to try to make her work as well of course.

Regards,

TV

Here is another nice combo with Molly and a Nurse.

Molly + Nurse + Necrotic Machine

Use Speed (reactivate) and Stimulant (+2/+2 wk/cg) on the Necrotic Machine. Then cast Mollys +3wk on the Machine too.

Now it can walk 10 inch per AP. That is a total thread range of 34" with the instant kill spell of molly. Sure the CA is a lil bit low, but against an expensive model u can easily invest a SS to make sure it will be killed.

After some fighting you can use some corpse counter to create a new Necrotic Machine and repeat it.

Downside, its an investment of 7 points for the Nurse and the NM so you better choose an expensive target. But its really nice to be able to kill almost every model of your enemy on the field turn one.

You are also very suite reliant, Centa. You can't guarantee when you'll get the suite requirement for Molly's imbue Vigor. As a spell I see the potential, but I've been bringing Molly to games since before she released, and I very rarely have the card I need to cast the spell. I'll admit that is definitely luck of the draw, but the point remains that anything you want to do as a major part of your list should be able to be reliably used, and Molly's imbue vigor can't be.

Still it's an interesting idea. I've generally found that I don't like bringing the Necrotic machine because its 2 SS invested in a fairly easy to kill model, for the potential to kill any non-master model in the game, but in order to make it work you'll want to have he card in hand to make it work without cheating, because you'll want to spend the SS to make it as certain as you can to go through.

Cost to benefit ratio just doesn't work for me because again, you need a specific number and suite on a card, you need to keep the Necrotic Machine alive and get it into a position to use it, and then need to make certain he casts it and it goes through, most likely using a SS to do it... 3 SS for the possibility, and not even a better than average chance, that my model will kill something good of yours... I think I'd rathor bank the SS.

I love the model though, and I still keep trying to make him work, but a CA of 4 and a Cb of four without even just being able to auto-poison...not a sound investment in my opinion.