Tricky, tricky...Book 4 shenanigans?

i_was_like_you

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcanist Henchman, maybe. I don't think we need more Masters quite yet. More Masters means that we either need to say they became Masters because of the Event or sometime afterwards, otherwise, we should have heard of them by now*. More Masters also means we have to account for whether or not the Event granted them an Avatar.

Here ya go guys, here's six new masters...One for each faction (Gremlins being the sixth), each with an Avatar.

*We could get Masters that weren't near the city of Malifaux proper, that we haven't seen yet. There's still so much unexplored terrain. Deserts, oceans, rain forests, etc., are all still up for grabs. What we've seen of Malifaux, so far, has been a sprawling deciduous / coniferous forest bordering on a bayou and a mountain range, with a city (and its massive sewers) and a few other settlements. There'd likely be groups out there who have found a way to adapt to and thrive in each of these regions.

The Masters we haven't seen yet would most likely fall into Neverborn or Gremlins or Outcasts, as they've been here so long they have become one more of the teeming Neverborn or their Gremlin cousins, or some abomination no one wants to claim. Some of them could have Rezzer or Arcanist tendencies, and might join up with them. I see the Guild getting the short end of the stick, though. Who would really want to link up with the Guild (maybe filling in the vacancy left by Sonnia) when they've staked their own claim for so very long?

The Masters we haven't seen yet would most likely fall into Neverborn or Gremlins or Outcasts, as they've been here so long they have become one more of the teeming Neverborn or their Gremlin cousins, or some abomination no one wants to claim. Some of them could have Rezzer or Arcanist tendencies, and might join up with them. I see the Guild getting the short end of the stick, though. Who would really want to link up with the Guild (maybe filling in the vacancy left by Sonnia) when they've staked their own claim for so very long?

New Faction?

The way i see it a new master can introduced in a number of ways

1) A newcomer to the city, like Hoffman who came to Malifaux in book 2

2) Wasn't powerful enough until he/she got somthing, like when Colette got her artificial soulstone

3) he/she was always there, just never come out into the open or stated alliance

4) possessed by tyrant?

I'm still hoping for The Doctor to show up (if we're discussing new Masters).

But, I agree, I think there's enough Masters for now. Stalker 263 would make an excellent Henchman for Arcanists, possibly with the Mercenary trait. On that note, I kind of wish they wouldn't have killed off Zephyr, she would have made a good Henchwoman for the Outcasts (or at least another unique minion).

I felt a little bad about killing off Zephyr, but it was a Neverborn story, and goodness and bravery and love just don't win out in stories like that :)

Well, not human goodness and bravery and love.

(Although, a little piece of her does live on in another Book 3 model, but the story explaining that got cut for lack of space. It might turn up in another book/ publication, and then you'll see what I mean)

Fingers crossed for a book of Malifaux short stories.

I've been saying for awhile now that Wyrd should put out a book of short fiction, at least yearly, to give us even more fluff between main books. A $15 book the size of the Rules Manual should be sufficient to get us caught up on all of the events in between and save room in each of the next books for more models than fluff. I'd hate to see fluff or models / rules cut from each expansion, but if the fluff can be moved to a separate book, then I'm all for it.