I'm back (again) with Seamus. I got a few questions.

Blog

So I am back again to play Malifaux after a long hiatus. Im going with Seamus. Now here is where my questions are.

1. Going to 35ss I had Bette recommended to me as she seems top notch. Is she really? Instead of her, the canine remains look like they go well with Seamus for all the terrifying and WP stuff he does to the enemy.

2. As a relatively new player which should I go? Would adding bette round out the crew and make it balanced? vice Versa?

Also, before you say put in his avatar, hes already in. I LOVE that model!

Cheers!

RSP

I am not a resurectionist player, but I play against them all the time. Bette is usually recommended by everyone. She seems pretty solid, but only if your opponent has living models. From experience I can tell you that she is a pain because she keeps coming back. Any AP used to kill her is basically wasted if you play her right. This gets really annoying.

Canine remains are not usually used by Seamus. There is nothing that says you can't use them but they are not typically recommended. Belles and hanged seem to work well. They have a lot of synergy with Seamus. Add something with a solid damage profile, and the spirit that can make things vulnerable to terrifying checks (onyro I think).

I play with bette and the canine remains. I really like canine remains it add mobility and with multiples they lose insignificant. Bette Noir is great if you are up against undead or living. While she only had 4 wds she keeps coming up over and over. Get her out early send her in. If she dies, for her slow to die action, bury her and bring her back next round.

Canine remains works well with bette as it gives you a small unit to sacrifice to get her out via drawn to death. The thing is if you kill an enemy and bette comes out the enemy still has a chance to activate. If an enemy kills YOUR unit and bette comes out, it is then your activation, thus bette gets to go immediately.

Canine remains is great for objective grabbing but night terrors can also fill that spot. But if you bring sebastion along you can always summon more doggies :)

I like running bette noir with seamus as long as I have the need to kill for that particular game. Or tie someone up in combat and be annoying. She does have a hefty SS cost (9 I think) and does lots of damage with her paired knives and slit jugular trigger (sacrifice cards or die). Like I said if you have the need to kill take her. Other than that she doesn't bring much else to the table other than damage, and having a way of messing people up pretty well heh.

Edited by JisaacT

• 2 weeks later...

Not that big a fan of dogs with seamus personally. Every 2 dogs is 1 more rotten belle you could have instead. They can be useful sometimes particularly since they each generate a corpse counter when killed and can summon bete when they drop.

I just find that usually more belles will be better.

I feel if you need a delivery system for Bete, then Desperate Mercs are a better whay to go, as they are move 5, and can actually be a credible threat to the opponent, which forces them into the dilemma of whether to silence the threat, and risk Bete coming out to play, or letting the Desperate merc possibly kill some of his crew.

I feel if you need a delivery system for Bete, then Desperate Mercs are a better whay to go, as they are move 5, and can actually be a credible threat to the opponent, which forces them into the dilemma of whether to silence the threat, and risk Bete coming out to play, or letting the Desperate merc possibly kill some of his crew.

Even better with a Nurse! Reactivating Desperate Mercs are freaking scary.

Yes, I just said something was good with a Nurse.

I know.

I know!

Bete is absolutely amazing, but the opponent you're facing has to be using living or undead models. If you want a model that's less situational, try the dead rider. Catching a model and pulling it along to be bludgeoned by the rest of your crew is always a treat to see. Also, the copycat killer is VERY unreliable (though pulling off Face of Death and having a Terrifying 14 leprechaun is quite amusing), so the grave spirit is a better choice for a totem unless you plan on taking Seamus' Avatar, which is always a joy but tends to not work well against high WP, high damage-output crews.

My regular Seamus opponent takes Molly and Mortimer with Seamus. Her ability to copy Mortimer's corpse counter spell means that the game becomes an absolute belle factory party. Really annoying to deal with lol. Plus with Molly and Seamus buffing the move speed of friendly belles you don't even need the night terrors to cap objectives really.