Angel of Justice (Alt. Lady J. converted into Avatar)

oconlan

Really nice work, not 100% sold on the really tall base, but that's just personal taste, the mini itself is excellent

If the avatar J figured hadn't grown on me as much as it has i'd probably have to try something similar having seen it done... it's been tricky trying to think of how to do an avatar for Dead J and an angel would have kind of worked

Really nice work, not 100% sold on the really tall base, but that's just personal taste, the mini itself is excellent

I laboured over whether to do the tall base. I wanted the Ram's skull featured somewhere and there was something fitting about an Angel standing at the side of an opened grave. The base size helps to balance the aesthetics of the wings.

it's been tricky trying to think of how to do an avatar for Dead J and an angel would have kind of worked

I thought about using the Dead J model myself for the Avatar form. I couldn't figure out quite how to make it work. Having her standing on a pile of bones/corpses or walking over ground with zombies rising from it may have worked.

Owen

I laboured over whether to do the tall base. I wanted the Ram's skull featured somewhere and there was something fitting about an Angel standing at the side of an opened grave. The base size helps to balance the aesthetics of the wings.

Definitely balances out the wings nicely, and it works... just not quite to my personal taste :)

I thought about using the Dead J model myself for the Avatar form. I couldn't figure out quite how to make it work. Having her standing on a pile of bones/corpses or walking over ground with zombies rising from it may have worked.

That sounds pretty cool, I've opted to cop out slightly and just get the standard Lady J avatar and paint it up as a spirit to represent that it's Dead J that's avatared up

She looks great!

You did somehow manage to take an already large figure (the original avatar for her) and make it even bigger. At least this time the weight is all where it should be: In the base. I'd run this version in a game, but I probably would base her more simply.

very very nice job, and im not a huge fan of the lady j minis (except dead j of course) but i would happy look at that on a tabletop :) kudos

I wouldn't own Lady J at all if it weren't for Dead Justice. :D

Edited by i_was_like_you

Where did you get the leaves?

Leaves similar to the ones I use can be found here -

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=2&q=leaves

I put a drop of superglue on piece of plastic (good use for old blister packs) and use a tweezers to dip one side of each leaf. I have a cocktail stick/toothpick in the other hand to push it into place on the base. The leaves are the very last thing added.

Owen