Large Steampunk Arachnid and Cut Away

Fastenhate

Starting a Ramos crew and looking over his option and I have a question on Cut Away.

Does the "Target gains Armor -1" from Cut Away go away during the closing phase?

If it does I don't see the value of it.

The range is melee and for 1 AP if not resisted the target will recieve the potentially +1 damage per hit for the rest of that round.

So the arachnid needs to be one of the first models you activate to see the benefit and now because the arachnid is in melee shooting at the target is very risky (he is a 40mm base I believe). His size can also prevent charges and really clog up lanes in heavy terrain areas (can be a really good thing too).

Sorry for the long post but I am debating purchasing one and no one in my area runs Ramos at all. Thank

I don't have the card/book in front of me, but if it is a spell or action it ends during the Closing phase unless otherwise stated (like... Ice Pillars remain in play until recast by 'Tina or her Totem, or Pine Box doesn't end until the target beats a Wp->Wp duel or the spell is cast again, etc).

Again, No book in front of me, so I don't know where Cut Away falls... but usually it will state duration if it's longer or shorter than the end of the turn (essentially).

the Large steampunk arachnid (LSA) has a couple really good things you need to take into account.

1) Drops 3 scrap counters for 5 points, I think its the most cost effective source of scrap tokens.

2) Has a charge of 8 and melee expert +1. which gives it the same number attacks after moving 8 inches as an arachnid swarm that can only charge at 6 (5 SS vs 9 SS)

I don't have the card/book in front of me, but if it is a spell or action it ends during the Closing phase unless otherwise stated (like... Ice Pillars remain in play until recast by 'Tina or her Totem, or Pine Box doesn't end until the target beats a Wp->Wp duel or the spell is cast again, etc).

You've got Ice Pillars wrong. Illusionary Forest works as you describe.

Ice Pillars spell creates terrain, that is why it stays (it isn't an effect, so it doesn't go away). She can create as many pillars as she likes (being limited by AP and the cards, of course) and they stay on the table until destroyed.