question

thought trauma

She's fairly strong, but her early game is weak.

She's got access to some pretty fast models with great durability.

Her Totem and the Rogue Necromancy can flesh out most of the damage deficit you'll get from being restricted to Rotten Belles, Dead Doxies and Crooligans.

She is on the lower end of model availability but it hasn't stopped me from doing significantly well.

She's an incredibly powerful tank and her Belles survive fairly well and Crooligans do a decent job of being annoying before they die, even though they're pretty terrible for anything but interception, Dead Doxies make much better objective runners, and Belles make up the backbone of your foot soldier / beatsticks.

The Rogue Necromancy is easily dismantled so you really need to learn finesse with it, otherwise you'll just wind up wasting 10 SS for a few corpse counters.

On the note of the Rogue Necromancy, I feel that the Crooligan's (1)The Mist would be more justified if it increased the Df of all friendly Horrors, not just other Crooligans.

We've play tested that before and it seemed to work out great. The only conceivable issue I can see is with Nicodem, who can bump the Rogue Necromancy up to 8 Df, which is no worse than other Master-Model combinations.

Regardless,

The biggest issue with Molly is that she's easily counter-picked because there's only 5 models she's capable of bringing, two of which she can only bring one a piece.

More than once I've been beaten strictly because all of my opponent's models were specifically taken to counter me because she knew what I was limited to.

Although it seems that all Henchmen suffer from that disease.

She's a lot of fun and is kind of like a step up in difficulty from Seamus.

I suggest trying her out, I love her.

Molly is first and foremost not a master but a henchman. Henchman and there hiring restrictions limit a lot of there independent potential. As henchman are built to work in concert with and independently from masters. They don't have the options or umpth that a master does. I like molly a lot both the scuplt and her rules. I think to do well with her you have to understand her model options better than your opponent and choose schemes that are achieveable by her limited pool. She like most special forces going it alone feel a bit under gunned when you compare it to a full master. But molly can hold her own. I think as special forces get fleshout they'll be less hard countering for henchmen.

I'd say she's viable for specific strategies. She's not a customizable all-comer master by any stretch though. Her limited model selection can pigeon hole her into what schemes and strategies shes able to reasonably accomplish. As said, early game theres not really alot she can do though. If you have some decent masks you can vigor a few models and launch them out where you need them (in an objective based game for example) but in any game where killing is going to be key I think she's going to have to stay pretty clumped. RN aside (and as a hired model its really not ideal) she doesnt have any models that do anything besides plink. What I've done with her that works reasonably well though is keep me stuff in a somewhat tight pocket. Using her (1) action to give the damage aura on damage taken to plink away. Debuffing the major threats and focus firing on them. And using her models natural resiliency she could hypothetically compete in a shared slaughter (it worked once for me atleast)

Shes a pretty amaze-balls support henchman though. In larger games where you can easily fit her in along with your other belles and whistles she can really effect the way the battles shift

Using Belles to lure enemy models into range so the Rogue Necromancy can charge them without getting charged in return seems like a viable tactic. Staying out of sight from enemy shooters is important too. I haven't played Molly, but she seems like she could work fairly well with Leveticus.

Using Belles to lure enemy models into range so the Rogue Necromancy can charge them without getting charged in return seems like a viable tactic. Staying out of sight from enemy shooters is important too. I haven't played Molly, but she seems like she could work fairly well with Leveticus.

staying out of LOS with RN i think is its issue though. Being a 50mm base, thats a large chunk of real estate to completely hide. Alot of times the best I could get with it is partial just due to its size. And if its totally in cover, thats usually quite a big piece of terrain which has caused me issues in turn getting around it to get at the juicy morsels I want to munch on with my RN. Summoning it of course kind of eliminates alot of these issues

Actually I find Kaeris struggles on her own against anything tough (hard to wound etc.) Collodi also does exceptionally even with his seemingly limited model selection.

collodi has an advantage over molly or kaeris as a master i'd say though.

While all 3 have limited selections, they all play differently.

Kaeris needs her crew to support her (which is hard when she only has a couple good choices and a couple sub optimal ones)

Molly needs to support her crew (which is hard when you're lacking the models that would really excel under her supervision)

Collodi however can do a bit both. He supports his dolls wonderfully, and he can do a bit on his own aswell with movement tricks and paired wooden claw attacks. Its kind of the happy medium you need to lead with such a limited selection.

thats my take on it though