Nurse + Sue?

SoulG

A boy named Sue is coming out soonish. His Shrug Off ability allows him to be overdosed by a Nurse and keep going. My question is: Is this ever worth it? If you have the cards, Sue with +4cb and Re-Activate seems useful. The issue feels like it'll be (as usual) the Nurse being where you need her when you need her.

Might be ok for Mc M as you can also use her for rocket dogs and perhaps Bette. I would not do it unless you have other models you plan on using to take advantage of it. If your playing Nico it can be fun to combine Nurse and Ashes and Dust for similar effect. Take the pair of them and perhaps some dogs and might have a nice crew going.

Im actually planning to do exactly this with my Zoraida crew. :D

McTavish, Sue and Papa Loco all have shrug off and so they're all able to remove the nurse's Massive Dose effects at the end of their activation. Throw in some terror tots or wicked doll missiles and you should have more than enough for nursey to do. :smugpuppet1

Seems like a great idea if you're also combining it with an avatar. A reactivating master with lots of cb and wk is a nasty thing, especially when it ends up in Avatar form.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that!

So put reactivate and +Cb etc on the Master, let him do something horrible (or simply achieve a manifest requirement) in the first activation, then manifest to strip the nurse's effects from it in the second activation.

It could be a really good way of manifesting Zoraida ASAP during the game. Obey-kill a model in turn 1 or 2, (0) Raven --> move into position on turn 2, then use reactivate to (all) manifest near the end of the turn.

It basically gives you the chance to move Zoraida off the base-line before Manifesting in turn 2. That alone is probably not worth taking a 6SS nurse for, but if you already have her in your crew (along with a few of the above-mentioned models with shrug off), it's a very nice tool to keep handy.

I was thinking about this combo, and I've been pondering (if the shooting is what youre after) how much better this is than just using a convict gunslinger. If you crave the wp defense sue adds, then this seems like a match made in heaven (especially considering the painfully low wp of nurse) but if youre doing this just to get some extra shots... seems like convict is a much more efficient choice. 6 pts vs sue (8) + nurse (5)... nurse has other utility, but in smaller point games 25-30 atleast she hasnt been worth the options she adds

You're absolutely right Fritz. As far as pure shooting is concerned, the 'slinger is a better option - the +Cb, trigger happy and rapid fire is generally going to be more effective than Sue's Critical Strike.

But Sue isn't just a Wp buffer. He's got some potent anti-Wp and anti-Neverborn tricks, but he's got alot more tools than just that. Circle of Flames gives him a nice anti-melee spell, Disrupt Magic is good vs casters, Hurt is a great card draw tool and Shrug off can be used to remove more than just the Nurse's effects. ;)

As for Sue + Nurse, I think I'd be reluctant to use the Nurse purely to improve Sue. But she's much more worth while if you have some other models to boost as well, like Papa Loco, McTavish, an Avatar (for the manifest turn) or some cheap expendibles like canines, wicked dolls and terror tots.

You're absolutely right Fritz. As far as pure shooting is concerned, the 'slinger is a better option - the +Cb, trigger happy and rapid fire is generally going to be more effective than Sue's Critical Strike.

But Sue isn't just a Wp buffer. He's got some potent anti-Wp and anti-Neverborn tricks, but he's got alot more tools than just that. Circle of Flames gives him a nice anti-melee spell, Disrupt Magic is good vs casters, Hurt is a great card draw tool and Shrug off can be used to remove more than just the Nurse's effects. ;)

As for Sue + Nurse, I think I'd be reluctant to use the Nurse purely to improve Sue. But she's much more worth while if you have some other models to boost as well, like Papa Loco, McTavish, an Avatar (for the manifest turn) or some cheap expendibles like canines, wicked dolls and terror tots.

I was pondering the nurses use with desperate mercs. throw down reactivate and stimulant and for my family, double shots for (1). 8x shots, cb 8 I think, :+fate:+fate to damage. at up to 8 different targets. Quite a lot of output on 1 turn for a 2 point models

I was pondering the nurses use with desperate mercs. throw down reactivate and stimulant and for my family, double shots for (1). 8x shots, cb 8 I think, :+fate:+fate to damage. at up to 8 different targets. Quite a lot of output on 1 turn for a 2 point models

I think it's only cb 5 when shooting that much because the nurse only buffs melee cb and with for my family you get +3 cb and -2 cb for the double shot. Which should total 5.

PS all numbers are from memory so possibly wrong.

Yeah, you only get it in melee. I thought this one over back when Twisting Fates came out and people were discussing the aNicodem/Nurse idea. I think with Sue, it might be useful, if nothing else it's four shots at a minimum of 3 Dmg, but at the point cost, I'm still not totally sold. Regardless, in larger point games (40+) I think it could be a useful mechanic to get Avatars out early if you need to.

Yeah, you only get it in melee. I thought this one over back when Twisting Fates came out and people were discussing the aNicodem/Nurse idea. I think with Sue, it might be useful, if nothing else it's four shots at a minimum of 3 Dmg, but at the point cost, I'm still not totally sold. Regardless, in larger point games (40+) I think it could be a useful mechanic to get Avatars out early if you need to.

I think these kinds of plans definately add to my considerations for the nurse in larger games where I have the SS left to allot to more support options.