Puppet wars bag

AcesOfBooks

Found out from battlefoam that the code to preorder the puppet wars bag DOES NOT include Lucius. There will be a separate code in the next few days. I contacted customer service and they were nice enough to change my order and let me pay the difference. So if you preordered the bag wanting Lucius, you might want to call and get your order fixed folks.

Battlefoams customer service said they will have a Lucius and a non Lucius bag. The one with Lucius will cost 15 bucks more.

Wow, way to gorge the customers BF. Maybe they should consider that Wyrd sold Teddies for 8 bucks each(40 for 5) and by all accounts they will be rarer then Lucius(since Lucius will be a regular release eventually).

I like Battlefoam bags and I like the custom cut foam but sometimes that company does some strange things

15$ for one puppet war mini? Um that doesn't sound right.

When the secondary market gets between twenty to sixty per model, fifteen is a good deal! Still, the way this is done means I'll wait for its general release. I don't hold it against Wyrd, or even Battlefoam, I just wish it was different.

When the secondary market gets between twenty to sixty per model, fifteen is a good deal! Still, the way this is done means I'll wait for its general release. I don't hold it against Wyrd, or even Battlefoam, I just wish it was different.

I can't (and won't) judge a product's price point by the "secondary market". The reason there is a secondary market it because how small it's demand/supply is.

Since none have been released that I know off we can't really comment on the secondary market. The fact is that even Teddies were 8 bucks a pop and from everything implied by Wyrd they are and will be more rare then Lucius.

15 bucks for a model is just kinda insane. Add that to the fact that they created a bag that doesn't really seem to work for the game and I think they are just setting themselves up to fail here.

I can't (and won't) judge a product's price point by the "secondary market". The reason there is a secondary market it because how small it's demand/supply is.

There are always secondary markets. Even massive manufacturers with solid availability have people selling/trading between themselves. It has nothing to do with "how small its demand/supply is."

In this case, yeah, I happen to agree. That they're being sold as a $15 add on to a bag I'd rather not own irritates me all to hell. I'll just wait for the general release.

I really want to like this bag but, having to pay another $15.00 on top of the custom tray inserts (to get it to where it will carry more puppets) is really annoying. I have looked at several of their bags and will admit they are really nice but this bag will now be topping out at around $80.00 and probably going to get the pass from me.

I can't help myself, I just have to chime in. Everything about this bag - from it's design to it's price - and way they are handling this Lucius miniature add-on is pretty much a fail. In my opinion, of course.....

And I *really* wanted to like the bag, *really* wanted Lucius, and have plenty of expendable income. It's not about the money. There's an awful lot of sketchy decision-making when it comes to the marketing and retailing of this game. Again, in my opinion....

Edited by Tauwolf

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Battle Foam about the bag to see if they had any plans to make a larger bag. The person that replied to my emails was really unhelpful and told me I should order 2 bags. So I called and asked to speak with the customer service manager. He told me that they didn't have any control over the bag, and that Wyrd told them how the should be.

Wow, way to gorge the customers BF. Maybe they should consider that Wyrd sold Teddies for 8 bucks each(40 for 5) and by all accounts they will be rarer then Lucius(since Lucius will be a regular release eventually).

I like Battlefoam bags and I like the custom cut foam but sometimes that company does some strange things

BF trying to nickle and dime customers, well I never....

I'm going on a cruise to Mexico in January so we ordered the bag. Most often, when back in town, we will still be playing relatively small games with the family, so a cafe bag is all that is needed. Lastly, more than one puppet will fit in the standard load-out holes from what I can tell -- so we will have 4 masters totally 24 puppets carried easily enough.

It's all about how compact it is for me. Otherwise, I agree, the bag and cost leaves much to be desired. For my needs, however, It is en route.