shikome ineffective agsinst hsmelin!!!

walruspride

Shikome should still be effective. It still has terrifying for the nasty little rats.

You are playing with Kirai. Sacrifice the shikome after your done with it and send another one out. There is other spirtis you can summon so you don't have to worry about the difference of cost for the shikome.

my question is, why the hell did you choose a stolen as your prey? Any model in your crew is capable of killing a stolen.

As a Hamelin player, I would caution you that everything except Nix and usually Hamelin are fair game to be sacrificed for spells and are as such disposable.

If you want to use Shikome against Hamelin, prey Nix, but most likely Hamelin will do exactly what he did to the Shikome. You are better off not even taking/summoning a shikome against Hamelin, unless you can do it at the end of a turn (after Hamelin has activated) and use it to kill Nix or maybe a ratcatcher. Those would be the only models worth a Shikome's attention.

Kirai is the Ressurectionist's -best- master against Hamelin, simply because she laughs at insignificant (just sac the spirit and summon another one!). Shikome should only come into play to target Hamelin himself. Use your purchased models to go after Nix. In a traditional Hamelin list, Nix and Hamelin are the only models that matter.

Also, terrifying. ALWAYS remember terrifying.

unless you can do it at the end of a turn (after Hamelin has activated)

This is the way to play Shikome. I learned the hard way never to start with them, summon them during the game. This way you can choose their prey, then attack immediately.

The only draw back is when I go against an opponent I can't out activate. Then I have to get creative!

What crews are you fighting that out activate Kirai. I don't think I have ever played a crew she did not start with more models then the other guy.

The only crew I've played against that out activated me was Gremlins. I had 10 models, he had 12.

I really only mentioned it in my post because this thread is about Shikome against Hamelin (so by extension, Kirai against Hamelin). And Hamelin can bring a lot of rats to the table! I haven't played against him yet, but I bet he can out activate me if he tries (maybe even if he's not trying).

And Hamelin can bring a lot of rats to the table! I haven't played against him yet, but I bet he can out activate me if he tries (maybe even if he's not trying).

The rats got a 4 inch pack activation rule. When the forces clash you rarely face more than two packs (with multiple activations of course). As long the Hamelin player doenst abuse the rat-eat-themselves-thing.

Kirai get 5 nonsense activations every turn with her seishin.

Summon the Shikome up to 12" behind blocking cover, wait for Hamelins activation and destroy him.

There is not much he can do if he cant make the Shikome insignificant before she gets him. Nimble, fast and flying spirit gets him always and everywhere as long he cant surround himself with so much rats she cant reach him...

If you do start with a Shikome against Hamelin, I would suggets picking a model that is going to die to be your prey. You will want it to have the ability to target several different models in his crew, so getting rid of prey from it is very good. Choose a rat

Sure, you'll not be getting fast, but the freedom to target any models is worth it in my opinion

(Note, My shikome experience is with Marcus, so I've never been able to summon them.)

I was the Hamelin player in the aforementioned game. The list was very non-traditional.

Hamelin - 5SS

Nix - 7

Desperate Merc x4 - 8

Latino Pistolero x3 - 9

Terror Tot x2 - 6

Stolen - 3

Obedient Wretch - 2

It didn't help him that he got Kirai somewhat close, I got Nix near her, and then won initiative for three turns giving him negative flips with few safe places to Swirl to.

Yeah, target should be nix for a shikome, against that list (or the Merc). IMO, though, Nix is important, and it forces the Hamelin player to deal with the shikome right away, instead of making it insig and ignoring it.

Strange and interesting list there Korrova....oh look, a Hamelin list with no Rat Catchers...imagine that. :P

I dont think this is so much a Hamelin problem as just a problem that you're inexperienced with Kirai, and not maximising her movement advantages.

This is how to use a Shikome:

Prey your opponent's biggest, meanest, most critical model that doesn't have Use Soulstone or any crazy defensive abilities.

If the situation warrants it, Grudge or Kill Protegee that thing too. Shikome thrive off schemes like that.

Shikome can kill basically anything in the game and shouldnt require too much cheating assistance because of the number of positive flips it gets. If you make sure it's supported by other spirits (Ikiryo, more Shikome, flocking Night Terrors, etc) it wont get insta-wasted in general if your opponent wins initiative next turn. And you can bring Insidious Madness to make sure he doesnt.

A Kirai alpha-strike done right will leave your opponent at such a model deficit he'll struggle to do anything back to you, in general. It's all about making sure your Shikome gets the drop on him; remember that Shikome can be swirled in for a Night Terror, Seishin etc, from completely out of sight, meaning he should never get the chance to deal with your Shikome at all.

Oh, and against Hamelin, a terrifying ghost birdwoman standing in between a lot of rats and killing his key pieces is a great way to ruin his day :)

So as to not derail this thread any longer, I started another thread in the Outcasts forum for the Hamelin discussion. (I know, yet another Hamelin discussion)

I agree with what has been said. Kirai is very strong, but experience with her is key. Knowing who to target with your Shikome in each game against all of the different crews is very important.

Calmdowns way of not allowing Hamelin to cast at the shikome should also work (board dependant) unless Hamelin is much more moveable than I realise.

If it doesn't work, and the shikome is made useless, either use her as a terryfying rat scarer, new prey hamelin, or bring in another Shikome, Hamelin only can stop one by making it target him