Post Game Shikome Questions

AlpBomb

If a model has Guarantee Fate on it and the Shikome dies, what happens?

If a Shikome is in combat (Collette) and makes 1 combat attack then the target moves away, how are the AP figured since it will lose Fast? Does it matter if i declare my fast attack first?

If a Shikome cast a spell withing 4" of its Prey is there still a + ?

Thanks!

To my knowledge you'll still take the DMG. Unless there is something in the RM I missed about an effect ending if the model who applied it dies. The model who the Shikome targeted still has the Effect Guarantee Fate on it, and nothing in the description requires the Shikome to still be in play.

In your second example I *think* it will matter when you declare your fast action. If you use your fast action to attack Colette first and then she uses blinding flash to get away you will still have your movement actions to get to her. If however you didn't declare it was your fast action I would assume it was one of your general AP. That's how we play it in our area so that it works similarly to Melee expert and suchlike, but a Rules Marshall might need to clarify this.

If the Shikome casts a spell that requires it's target to resist then, yes, you would get the bonus flip as any spell which can be negated with a resist flip does count as an attack and the wording on single minded gives the positive twist to attacks, not strikes.

In your second example I *think* it will matter when you declare your fast action. If you use your fast action to attack Colette first and then she uses blinding flash to get away you will still have your movement actions to get to her. If however you didn't declare it was your fast action I would assume it was one of your general AP. That's how we play it in our area so that it works similarly to Melee expert and suchlike, but a Rules Marshall might need to clarify this.

There really isn't anything that identifies a 'fast action'. You get an extra general AP into the pool, that is indistinguishable from your standard allotment of general AP.

That said, though, losing Fast doesn't seem to actually affect your AP pool. Fast says you gain an extra general AP during the model's current or next activation. I can't find anything that says you lose that if you lose Fast.

If a Shikome is in combat (Collette) and makes 1 combat attack then the target moves away, how are the AP figured since it will lose Fast? Does it matter if i declare my fast attack first?

I have always played where the AP are malleable and declarable post-manifestation. "Oh, you moved away? In that case, that was my fast action, so I don't lose it."

OR

"Oh, I killed you? Didn't expect that. Well then that was my melee/ranged/casting expert action, so I can double walk now."

Makes it easier all around.

I think it works as follows

Model gains fast - this gives it 1 extra AP. Once its generated the AP, it can't be taken away just because the conditions giving it fast change.

And I would recomend stating when you're using specific action points. It can make a difference. Not often, and if you're learning, then feel free to make it easier, but there are enough interactions that it can make a difference that its good form to say what you're doing.

After all you wouldn't cast a spell and announce which spell after you've flipped the cards?

I guess the same thing goes if you Nimble up to your prey, and kill it prey on the first attack. That you're then free to use 2 more general AP even though you've technically lost Fast? The words "while within" range, to me, imply an ending time to the Fast effect.

I asked this a while ago but got no RM response.

Mike