Simple question Re: Hex

fishtank

Question

This came up last night.

I see no reason why this wouldn't work, but my opponent disagreed.

He Hexed my Executioner vis Conduit from Zoraida's Voodoo Doll, removing "Love the job".

I then wanted to use my nearby Witchling to remove the Hex. Oppo said he thought Hex wasn't an effect. I tried finding a definitive answer via my phone, couldn't before the battery died, and let it go.

Simple question then: can hex be removed by Dispell Magic?

10 answers to this question

The Hex might be removed but the talent or spell should not be replaced.

Wording says "... loses 1 talent or spell of your choice until this model is removed from play."

Nothing about, until hex is removed.

That's silly. The ability exists. The hex removes it. If the hex is removed, the ability continues to exist.

I understand what you're saying, but they needed to specify an end time for Hex in order to make it what it is. That doesn't mean that it stops being Hex which keeps it off your card, and therefore if you lose Hex, you get the ability back.

The Hex might be removed but the talent or spell should not be replaced.

Wording says "... loses 1 talent or spell of your choice until this model is removed from play."

Nothing about, until hex is removed.

Spellbreaker removes effects entirely. The "Effect" on the model is Hex, so when Hex is removed, everything that Hex does to the model is removed as well. This means that any wording about "...until this model is removed from play" no longer applies to the Executioner. Since there is no longer any Effect on the Executioner stopping Love The Job from working, Love The Job now works.