Chompy Missile Question

Dj Noise

Well I dont see whats so hard to understand but if you cant convince them to use the forums or convince them using the rules manual, I'd find someone else to play with. I dont think that youre going to find wyrd doing a true faq anytime soon as they have other things on their plates. Plus the forums w/ rules marshalls works pretty well. Also where do your lgs think faqs come from?

From the link with the official ruling yes it does work, but as stated multiple times about my LGS, sense the book itself does not state that, they do not count it. forum ruling or not, its not in the book.

Oh, that extends to official rulings too? Lol. Get a new LGS would be my advice.

Alternatively, we can recommend you some broken crews that have been fixed via rulings on the forum, but since they ignore the forum they wont count. Once you beat them with said lists, maybe they'll see why there's a rules forum :)

and why wouldn't the resolve effects step be considered an event?

e·vent/iˈvent/

Noun:

A thing that happens, esp. one of importance.

Because Event is defined and it does not define the Phases as an event. Kind of how Things that Effect Walk do not effect Charge. realistically its just the same thing at different speeds. but they are defined as two different things. Alps if you walk within 1" of me doesn't hit models that charge within 1" of them because they Charged, not walked. different definitions.

That's not correct. A daydream cannot companion another daydream. Family is a characteristic on the card so anything with Companion(Family)can companion anything else with that characteristic.

Dreamer/Lord Chompy Bits are names of models so you can only companion them.

It was using an example of correspoding characteristic. Im aware they have both the family characteristic and the companion ability. He used the example of family so I used it in my example.

I'm also aware that the companion chain needs the named model/master in it for it to be legal. And that it needs to either start with the master/named model followed by the rest of the eligible models OR an eligible model then the master and then followed by the rest of the models.

It was purely to explain the corresponding characteristic part of the companion rule.

Because Event is defined and it does not define the Phases as an event. Kind of how Things that Effect Walk do not effect Charge. realistically its just the same thing at different speeds. but they are defined as two different things. Alps if you walk within 1" of me doesn't hit models that charge within 1" of them because they Charged, not walked. different definitions.

Is it your LGS that is being obtuse, or you? :)

All of these questions are answered in the rules forum by searching. In any case, if your LGS doesnt accept forum rulings, then there's little value in discussing them here and cluttering up the forum further, right?

Well then im not sure what is classified as an event, you could technically say everything is an event because anything occurring is an event.

Is it your LGS that is being obtuse, or you? :)

All of these questions are answered in the rules forum by searching. In any case, if your LGS doesnt accept forum rulings, then there's little value in discussing them here and cluttering up the forum further, right?

Its more of i read the forums to see ideas i haven't thought of then i try them and im told that that is not allowed so i wonder well if its considered a viable tactic what changed to make it allowed?

Edited by Dj Noise

Man you must play at the same lgs as CD & CS, lol. Seems odd that your lgs would follow the Nekima alps errata which was posted by a RM but not other posts by Rm's which would also be considered rulings or ERRATA. Imo its the disconnect between the 2 countries, maybe 40k and fantasy have been so ingrained in the UK psyche that they cant fathom that the rules of Malifaux, as complicated as they are, are as straight forward as they really are. Whatever the case sounds like your lgs is full of sheep following a wolf in sheeps clothing, keep fighting the good fight and you will prevail.

Man you must play at the same lgs as CD & CS, lol. Seems odd that your lgs would follow the Nekima alps errata which was posted by a RM but not other posts by Rm's which would also be considered rulings or ERRATA. Imo its the disconnect between the 2 countries, maybe 40k and fantasy have been so ingrained in the UK psyche that they cant fathom that the rules of Malifaux, as complicated as they are, are as straight forward as they really are. Whatever the case sounds like your lgs is full of sheep following a wolf in sheeps clothing, keep fighting the good fight and you will prevail.

Its a bit crazy, In 40k, Fantasy, Hordes, Warmachines, Dystopian Wars, and Flames of War i have never had an issue that took more then 5minutes or less to solve. Take away the dice though and it breaks everyone's brain apparently.

Wow, dude, your LGS sounds ridiculous. They need to understand that Malifaux has a bit more depth than 40k/warmahordes/infinity and there are a lot more rules, which is often confusing. The problem is, I'll admit, many of the rules are written very cryptically, and often require some interpretation, and in some cases, changes.

They really need to understand that Malifaux like those other games (nothing against those games, just a different type of beast). I would honestly hate for your LGS to hold a tournament and have people from other stores show up. I guarantee they would all quit and walk out the door when they hear how closed minded their system on rules matters is.

I guess, as far as things like burying and the Dreamers alpha strike, those rules have been used by literally EVERYONE ELSE THAT PLAYS THE GAME for many many months, if your LGS can't accept that this is the case, and won't even read the forums, as Karn said, to form their own opinions, then that's pretty sad, and I would suggest continuing to try to change their minds if I was in your shoes.

Seriously mate. Enough with the trolling. Some rules can be interpreted in a number of ways. Just because everyone you play against interprets every single rule in exactly the same way doesn't mean everyone else does. Even the Marshalls struggle at times. Most of the rules are pretty straight forward but occasionally there are holes which need patching.

Just because you can't see them doesn't mean that they aren't there.

Best place to look for official rules changes(99% of the entries have links to the forum ruling)

http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Errata+and+Clarifications

Also for companion questions

http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Ability+Guide

And I am not saying that because I wrote the one guide :)

Edit: Damn Karn got in our mandatory pullmyfinger shilling pages ago. He didn't link to my companion article though. :(

Edited by nilus