Can i Please Get a Clarification from a Marshal?

Frostbeard

Note: Despite having some funky cards next to my name, my answer is by no means a clarification and is just my view on it.

My way of reading it, is that you have to summon 2 of one. The reason based on this is that if it was worded, "Summon 2 electrical creations or 2 spiders"

Then the question *could* be lawyered such that when you've summoned 2 of each, the requirement is no longer met, much like an Exclusive Or in logic. The and is simply there to say, yeah, you can summon 2 of each if you want.

If you read over it a couple more times, it becomes clear that it does not have a meaning such that one of each would meet it, as that is not summoning 2 of X and/or 2 of Y. It's summoning 2 of X and/or Y.

"Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation and/or Construct Spider twice." p81

It's the use of the word "and" that allows Ramos any combination to reach two summons, 1 of each or 2 of one. Unless a Marshal overrules it.

Here is the rule missing words.

Missing or - Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation and Construct Spider twice. This would mean he has to summon both twice.

Missing and - Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation or Construct Spider twice. This means he has to summon on of the minions twice.

Sense the rule contains both "and" plus "or," its any combination to reach a total of 2 summons.

Edited by Fading Memory

Just to clarify, I read it as one of each for the first 10ish times of reading, but when you really nitpick, I came to the conclusion I said.

As said, I think the and simply allows you to have summoned 2 ECs and 2 spiders, in case anyone said, "But you've done 2 of each so you can't manifest".

To me this sentence is blindingly obvious and simple.

Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation and/or Construct spider twice.

As has been stated, the use of both and+or means any combination of

Electrical creation/Construct Spider

0/2

1/1

2/0

will meet the requirements, the and/or written like that is not meaning you must use both words, it is a choice for which is more relevant at the time of the sentence being applied to the game.

Emphasis on twice shows otherwise.

What does this sentence mean to you:

"Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation and Construct Spider twice."

Now this one:

"Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation or construct Spider twice."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/And/or

Now try this because this basically what and/or means:

"Ramos successfully casts either Electrical Creation or Construct Spider twice."

Any question still? I hope this helps. Now intent and grammar don't always go together but given other Avatars requirements I think intent is clear too. One if each is insanely easy.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

I vote for any combination or the and/or wording seems worthless.

What does this sentence mean to you:

"Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation and Construct Spider twice."

It means you need to cast 2 EC and 2 Spiders

"Ramos successfully casts either Electrical Creation or Construct Spider twice."

This one reads to me the same as the previous one. The word either adds nothing to the sentence in my opinion.

"Ramos successfully casts Electrical Creation or construct Spider twice."

It means you either need to cast EC twice or Spiders twice

My issue is that wyrd goes out of their way to make it impossible for you to meet a manifestation requirement on the first turn / activation without having to either win a resist duel, do damage, sacrifice your own models, etc.

Ramos is the only master who literally has to just flip / cheat in some tomes.

It's because of those limitations (liliths one per turn on illusionary forest, Colettes over two activations) that leads me to believe they want Ramos to have to cast EITHER Spider twice or Creation Twice.

As it is written, I think you could cast one of each and do it. but does it really matter, electrical creation is easier to cast then construct spider. Sure you lose a 1 action out of it, but oh well.