Assimilating stacked Armor

Fastenhate

Question

1) Hoffman, Guardian and Peacekeeper are all in base to base. The Guardian casts (0) Stalwart giving Peacekeeper +2 armor with his +2 innate armor. If Hoffman then assimilates Armor from the Peacekeeper does he get +4 or just the PK's +2?

2) Can the armor be assimilated twice and stack, from either the same construct or another?

Not ver practical but I was just thinking if I wanted to survive a Leveticus Severe 12 Death Touch.

P.S. and of course Protected by machines does not stack with any of this.

Thanks

so, if you are copying "the armor" of the construct,

and it has a stack of multiple "armor" abilities,

you only get to pick one, right?

In the case of Protected by Machines, it does not copy an ability. it does the following.

• Nominate a Construct within 3"

• Work out how much Armor the Construct in question would have had if hit by the attack that hit Hoffman.

• Ignore Hoffman's personal armor and use this total instead.

Ok, thanks to Ratty for clearing that up. So the most you could get would be +8 though it would need a different setup.

Setup would need the Hoff, Guardian and the Mechanical attendant. Doesn't then matter what hoff and the guardian have in B2B with each other.

So would be.

Guardian activates casts shield wall

Hoffman assimilates the shield wall armour +4 from whichever other construct they are in B2B contact with.

Hoffman B2B with guardian as well gets a further +4 armour

Maintain machines from the attendant lets him ignore protected by machines.

Mistake here? Never realising that it is a must to use protected by machines (GI joe quote here)

Hoffman can't copy the +4 Armor effect from a model next to a Guardian as the effect is on the Guardian not on the model that is gaining the +4 Armor while in base to base. He could copy Shield Wall giving him +2 Armor and making all models in BtB with him +4 Armor.

Being next to two models with Shield Wall activated will only give +4 Armor, because even though Armor stacks, effects with the same name don't.

Ow, expensive combo though. Not got the cards infront of me but that's what? 22, 23 points?

Then again against crews that cannot ignore armour that'd be horrible to face.

"Super Mega Ultra Hoff Turtle Zord" comes to mind

Yeah, 23 ss, but then again, I run 16 of those in pretty much every Hoffman crew... In a larger game I'd consider it (if needed - to be honest armor +6 is probably enough for most purposes and if I did take a second Guardian, it could be put to use else where I would have thought...)

EDIT - never mind, neither works anyway - Armor +6 it is!

Derp! Yes that does work, so armor +8 is the max, but at the hefty cost of 2 Guardians and a PeaceKeeper...

Ding ding ding! :)

You guys started tossing out +10, and for a moment there, I was like...WOAH, I missed something! Because 8 was the max that I remembered.

Ratty...what you were talking about above seems to shed some light on the Assimilate issues. Could you and the other Rules Marshalls take a look at the Reactivate business as well?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been doing some Hoffman theorycrafting and found this. So the ruling seemed to be that Protected By Machines had to proc, thus replacing his super assimilated armor value.

But, what about Maintain Machines, friendly constructs within 6 inches may choose to ignore any of their listed abilities. Doesn't this affect him as well, hence Protected By Machines is optional? Or could he target himself with Protected By Machines to absorb his own high armor?