kirai and the dreamer

walruspride

In order to hire The Dreamer, you have to choose Resurs as your faction. Kirai's hiring rules allow her to team up with The Dreamer. Because you are playing Resurs, you have to hire Resur models because The Dreamer does not allow you to hire out of faction like Kirai. Her special hiring rules allow you to pick up Spirits from any faction at no additional cost. In terms of Neverborn, those models are The Dreamer, Daydreams, and Insidious Madness.

Does that help clarify things up?

Things are made complicated because you have to declare a single faction. For example Colette can hire Hoffman, but Hoffman can't hire Colette in brawls. This way you can't bring both Arcanist and Guild models in the same army. The same thing for Kirai and The Dreamer, can you imagine what would happen if Kirai was allowed to have Stiched Togethers and Alps with her? The hiring rules/restrictions create balance.

The way it works is such.

One shalt verily choose a faction.

One shalt choose thy first Master from said faction.

One shalt choose a second Master from thine own faction or a model that the first Master can hire.

One chooses thine minions from their faction, though any additional hiring rule thine Masters have dost come into effect.

So thine may choosest Resurrectionist, for one minest be-est a filthy cad. Onest may hire Kirai as thine first Master. Thine Second Master may-est be thy Dreamer for he est a Spirit. One may hire minions from the Resurrectionists and any Spirits fromst across ta board to assist in thy foul deeds.

The way it works is such.

One shalt verily choose a faction.

One shalt choose thy first Master from said faction.

One shalt choose a second Master from thine own faction or a model that the first Master can hire.

One chooses thine minions from their faction, though any additional hiring rule thine Masters have dost come into effect.

So thine may choosest Resurrectionist, for one minest be-est a filthy cad. Onest may hire Kirai as thine first Master. Thine Second Master may-est be thy Dreamer for he est a Spirit. One may hire minions from the Resurrectionists and any Spirits fromst across ta board to assist in thy foul deeds.

...and five is right out!

Edit: Forgot necrotic machine doesn't work on masters. No making Chompy undead, which shoots a nice hole in this plan. :(

Was thinking about this lately and with my vast, nonexistent experience came up with this 55s Brawl list (I heard that was standard-ish?), using Ratty's crew builder.

Ressurectionists Crew - 55 - Brawl

Kirai Ankoku
--
10 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

The Dreamer

3 Daydreams [6ss]

Von Schill
[10ss]

Necrotic Machine [2ss]

• Freikorps Librarian
    [9ss]

• Night Terror
    [3ss]

• Night Terror
    [3ss]

• Night Terror
    [3ss]

• Nurse
    [5ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

Von Schill, Chompy, and whatever Kirai summons are your hammers. The Librarian and to a lesser extent Seishin prevent your people (especially Kirai) from dying. The Night Terrors and to a lesser extent Seishin are your objective runners.

First turn, out activate your opponent, use a Daydream to summon Chompy. Use Necrotic Machine to give Chompy Undead. Then use Nurse to give Chompy Re-Activate, +4 CB, and +Damage Flips (read: turn him into murder incarnate). Depending on the opponent's crew and how good your drawing is, you may actually want to give him the Can't Die buff instead. Use other daydreams to sling Chompy into the opponent (likely along with Ikiryo and maaaybe a Shikome).

Might use Insidious Madness instead of Night Terrors, not sure.

============================================

Edit 2: Thought about the list some more, and came up with this.

Ressurectionists Crew - 55 - Brawl

Kirai Ankoku
--
9 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

The Dreamer

3 Daydreams [6ss]

Von Schill
[10ss]

Grave Spirit [1ss]

• Dead Rider
    [10ss]

• Freikorps Librarian
    [9ss]

• Insidious Madness
    [4ss]

• Insidious Madness
    [4ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

• Seishin
    [2ss]

Trading out 2 Insidious Madness for 3 Night Terrors as desired. Can also replace Von Schill, Friekorps Librarian, and Dead Rider with Molly, Jack Daw, The Hanged, and a Desperate Mercenary depending on your opponent and the Strategy, I guess.

Edited by SoulG

Hm. I do like the idea of playing the two together. I have Chompy on the way and Kirai is my only currently painted crew (and I have the Insidious Madness on the painting table right now, along with the last items I want to fill out my Kirai crew). Hm....

Taking Chompy to just be a beatstick and maybe transport the Madness silly long distances could be fun. It's certainly a different way of looking at the two as a combo. I know some people dislike the idea of Gaki spam for aKirai, but fielding these two together might give me a reason to get some Night Terrors to do a spam with aKirai.

Random side question about Night Terrors: Do they come with those bases? I imagine not.