Lost Gencon Order

Rathnard

Did the insurance claim through the postal service go through?

I did actually get a letter from APost. The short answer is that I can probably get some compensation, but I need to jump through some hoops first. :rolleyes:

I called up the police officer in charge of the case yesterday, and updated him about the package. Fortunately he doesn't want it for forensics (too many people would have handled it by now). It's enough that the package was found in his old apartment, so I get to keep it and (finally!) assemble my precious Avatars. :smugpuppet1

From what I've been told, the guy that's been charged is currently in jail on an unrelated matter, and will remain there until some point next year. I'm not sure when the court date is, but knowing the glacial speed of the Australian legal system, I'm not expecting to hear anything else until some point next year.

Edited by Rathnard

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what turned up in the mail yesterday;

SecondGenconOrder.jpg

:D

So in early October I was pretty confident that I won't be getting my original Gencon order back (after all, surely the crim would be smart enough to at least throw the incriminating evidence away? Right? :rolleyes: ). Fortunately, Nathan @ Wyrd was kind enough to let me reorder my package (paying for it myself of course). Given that this whole debacle was not at all Wyrd's responsibility, it was very gracious of them to help me out like this so once again - I'd like to give a massive Thanks to Nathan and co. for your help!

Anyway, by the time I recovered the original order a few weeks back, the second package was on it's way. So I now have twice as many models as I was originally planning to buy!

I'm still deciding what to do with it all. I may sell some off to recover the cost of the second order, although the temptation to do a Nightmare edition Dreamer Crew with Nightmare Chompy and four Nightmare Teddies is so very tempting...

Also as an aside, I got a result from Australia post. They basically sent me a form letter saying they couldn't find my package, and that the supplier (Wyrd) will be entitled to compensation so long as they submit a complaint of their own through their postal service. I was pretty *disappointed* about that - in every phone call previously I'd been told that I'd be able to get compensation myself, so having to jump through yet more hoops and involve Wyrd in this debacle was not what I wanted.

Fortunately, after complaining very loudly to Australia Post they decided to reimburse me for the postage I paid on the original gencon order (~AU$43). Now that the original package has been recovered I won't be able to get compensation through the postal service, but honestly I'm glad I don't have to deal with that any more. ;)