What is the purpose of Magic weapons?

BlueStar86

this may be a dumb question but I've been assuming spells count as magical (I mean they're spells)and hence don't do half damage to spirits, is that right?

I've asked this question before, and yes, Spells that cause damage or wounds count as Magical for purposes of Spirit, but it's not stated outright in the RM.

Common sense wins ... this time.

The exact wording on spirits is, "Spirits are immune to Morale Duels and suffer half damage from non-magical sources." While I can't find an explicit statement in the RM, spells are listed under the magic section. Ergo I would say it is safe to assume that damage coming from a spell would be coming from a magical source.

So yes, spell damage on spirits is not halved.

Keep in mind some spells generate attacks with a model's weapon' date=' like Ophelia's Dirty Shot, but since it is not direct damage from the spell and instead is generated from the attack of the normal weapon it does not count as magical.[/quote']

Right, Perdita's Execute and the Judges Bullets and Blades are also examples of this.

*grins* i remember the last kirai player I went against. He hadn't played against Sonnia before.

"So all these guys here have magic weapons? and how much do they cost? oh thats BS"

"So samuel doesnt have a magic weapon though right?. Oh now I see why not,he does enough damage it doesn't matter"

"You do how much damage with those blasts?"

It was not a good day for him.