Collodi and Pull Strings

Snacktastic

Question

If Collodi is in melee with an ememy model and is affected by Pull Strings, I understand that a disengaging strike can be made against him. My question is, so what? According to disengaging at the bottom of page 48 in the rules manual, if a model is hit by a disengaging strike the disengagning model's action ends. But Collodi is no the model making the action. I am just wondering the point of making the disengaging strike.

17 answers to this question

Just been thinking if it not a push then how would this effect treasure hunt could collodi claim the treasure then get dragged back with pull strings? Don't have my rule book to hand to clarify the wording on treasure hunt.

RM pg 94 - Treasure Hunt

A model changing position on the table by an effect other than the Walk actin or leaving play drops the Treasure Counter in base contact with itself.

Collodi would be changing position on the table due to Pull Stings, so would drop the treasure.

Just been thinking if it not a push then how would this effect treasure hunt could collodi claim the treasure then get dragged back with pull strings? Don't have my rule book to hand to clarify the wording on treasure hunt.

If a model is moved by any other effect other than the Walk Action it drops the Treasure. Pull Strings is not a Walk Action thus he would drop the Treasure Counter if he was carrying it.

Don't have my book on me but I thought you could only move the treasure by taking a walk action i.e. (1) Walk, not 'model moves its walk' etc

Appologies for the thread necro but I'm starting with Collodi and wanted to make sure I have as much clarified as I can :)

So from my understanding of the above...

If Collodi is 1" from an enemy model with a 2" threat range (i.e. engaged with a 2" melee strike model), is carrying a treasure counter, and is effected by Pull Strings then Collodi drops the treasure counter (due to moving by a non-Walk effect) and moves to 2" from the enemy model which triggers a disengaging duel. Let's say he loses the duel, Collodi stops 2" from the enemy model and the Marionette's action ends (which it had anyway since Collodi only moves to B2B after the Marionette's move).

Pretty sure that sums up this thread but as I said, just wanted to make sure I have it straight in my head...

Thanks!

*edit for spelling, good grief*

Edited by Vmag