Malifaux on a grid!

sakurazuka38

I have tried the game with my wife this afternoon (lady J against seamus). She almost enjoy it except the measure.

It remind her people playing "petanque" and arguying for hours to know who is the nearest from the "cochonnet"!

So is malifaux adaptable on a grid system (like 1"= 1 case)?

I know it would be better to go to puppet wars but i prefer to give a chance to malifaux!

Edited by sakurazuka38

You could also try to allow for pre-measuring. That tends to cut down on debate and such as you can simply move the model, measure and declare that it is 5" from that other model or whatever. It does make for a more tactical experience as you can do all sorts of exact shenanigans but it might still be easier for a new player to get to grips with.

Or you could simply allow your wife to decide whether something is in range or not if the difference is half an inch or less (so if there is a possibility of debating, then allow the wife to decide - fine universal advice ;))

You could also try to allow for pre-measuring. That tends to cut down on debate and such as you can simply move the model, measure and declare that it is 5" from that other model or whatever. It does make for a more tactical experience as you can do all sorts of exact shenanigans but it might still be easier for a new player to get to grips with.

Or you could simply allow your wife to decide whether something is in range or not if the difference is half an inch or less (so if there is a possibility of debating, then allow the wife to decide - fine universal advice ;))

Great advice, particularly the last point!