Effigy Spoilers

emissary

Thought that since there has been a lot of discussion on effigies recently but there isn't a centralized place for their spoilers I'd put them here for those that don't have the book yet.

Few generic things. All effigys have average stats that vary slightly between them. They're all HT 1, all cost 4ss and all are object 1 (hence take 1 less wound from all sources), special forces (doll) and unique. All can be hired by neverborn crews at no additional cost, non-neverborn crews leaders that take them can't have totems and all allow another effigy within 6" to activate after they activate.

As a side note, the pictures for all of them have them as a conglomeration of their faction's models. It's pretty cool.

Brutal Effigy (guild)

stubborn, melee expert, magical blade with critial strike and a gun that gives the defender slow on a trigger with moderate or severe damage. It also has a 0 action with a moderate casting value that gives a healing flip to a friendly model.

Carrion Effigy (Rez)

Flight, hard to kill, both weapons have the rot trigger, melee weapon does light damage but can slow on a severe, is magical and poison 1. Ranged weapon that does light damage that can get blasts. Has a 0 action aura that allows all friendly models to discard a corpse counter within 4" to make a healing flip at the end of their activation. Has a 1 spell that puts an aura (no resist on the aura) where enemy models cannot ignore effects and lose all immunities.

Arcane Effigy (Arcanists)

Magic Resistant 2, Arcane Reservoir. Weak melee weapon. Weak ranged weapon that attacks on a ca to ca. 1 action that gives a friendly master +1 AP for cast or channel actions. Ranged spell with moderate damage that makes you discard if you take damage and a spell aura that gives friendly models Magic Resistant 1

Mysterious Effigy (NB)

Harmless. Magical Weapon with low damage that allows you to push it 1" per wound it causes. 0 action that you flip a fate card and opposing models within 3" with a wp lower then the card get slow. 0 action that gives the effigy +3" on its next charge. 1 spell that's hard to cast that allows you leader to cheat fate face down and reveal the card when getting final totals. Magical aura that is hard to cast and needs a mask that gives friendly models within 6" +2 def when targeted by ranged attacks. 1 spell that you cast on an enemy model where the model can't use one action or spell in its next activation.

Hodgepodge Effigy (OC)

If the effigy uses a joker, the jocker is shuffled back into the deck. When a friendly model uses the black joker you draw a card. All outcast crews can take this model no matter any other things that prevent it. Melee weapon and ranged weapon with low damage. 0 action that lets you look at 2 random cards in your opponent's hand. If one is the black joker the opponent discards both cards. If one is the red joker they draw a card. The knife has a trigger for every crow in the cb duel total you get 1 effect (and the knife has a crow in its cb): ignore armor, ignore hard to kill, ignore hard to wound, magical. Auto-DF trigger where if the effigy is hit the attacker has to discard a card or suffer a wound or the attack misses. Has a 1 spell where you search your own discard pile and shuffle all jokers back into your deck.

Oh. My Doll crew is going to be delicious. And I very well may still take the Resser effigy with my Avatar Seamus list. Healing flips are always nice along with losing affects and immunities.

Question on totems: Can Molly still bring or create her totem in a Seamus list?

Molly cannot be in the same crew as the Carrion Effigy. She's Special Forces (Horror) and the Effigy is Special Forces (Doll).

I honestly do not predict many of the effigies being played outside of Neverborn at all because of this.

I think the Arcanist one will see alot of play. Hodgepodge too. Mysterious will be up in the air, definitely used in Collodi led crews as he can't hire totems if he leads. I really don't see the Carrion being used all that often. He's too easy to kill for 4ss and the range on his aura is so small that it's really not worth bringing him. Brutal... no clue.

As far as I know, as long as you have 2 models in a crew that can connect totems, it's perfectly ok to bring one totem and an effigy.

It's the restriction on Special forces that prevents it Mergoth. If you bring Molly you have the Special Forces (Horror) in your crew. You can't have members of more than one Special forces group in your crew.

I think the Arcanist one will see alot of play. Hodgepodge too. Mysterious will be up in the air, definitely used in Collodi led crews as he can't hire totems if he leads. I really don't see the Carrion being used all that often. He's too easy to kill for 4ss and the range on his aura is so small that it's really not worth bringing him. Brutal... no clue.

I really like the Arcane Effigy. However...

1: Colette really needs her Doves, and her Avatar is of somewhat dubious value (somewhat!). I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to manifest her. But it's a possibility, I admit.

2: Rasputina's Avatar is just odd, and the Effigy doesn't stack well with her at all. I don't see this as happening often.

3: Even with Ramos' Avatar being that good, the Mobile Toolkit is too useful for him to summon things for those first few turns. Here I'm willing to vacillate a little, depending on how things turn out (but I'm not expecting much).

4: Marcus will use the Effigy. Marcus is still Marcus.

5: Kaeris will likely use the Effigy as well, but I don't believe she has "enough" yet to be competitive. She's close, though.

Don't forget it also gives Arcane Reservoir. It is really a solid minion choice.

It is. For Neverborn.

Rasputina already has Arcane Reservoir and as such isn't getting anything out of that part of the Effigy unless she hulks out.

Ramos really needs the Toolkit to be able to summon anything.

Colette without Doves is just kind of sad.

Marcus... Is Marcus.

I really like the Arcane Effigy. However...

5: Kaeris will likely use the Effigy as well, but I don't believe she has "enough" yet to be competitive. She's close, though.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she can't take him. Not MSU per her hiring restrictions, and also you can't mix spec forces.

It would be nice though.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she can't take him. Not MSU per her hiring restrictions, and also you can't mix spec forces.

It would be nice though.

D'oh! Here I am pointing that out about Molly and the Carrion Effigy and I completely overlook it as far as Kaeris goes. I guess it just goes to show you how seriously I'm looking at Kaeris, eh?

Hoddgpodge sounds fun. the mere possibilty of 2 red jokers a turn is good enough for me. Though I would have to drop Von Schill... Thats a point: if the Viks are the masters and von schill is hired as a Mercenary, would i still be able to take the effigy regardless of Freikorps, or am i gonna hav to pic between the 2?

The hoddgepodge effigy has a specific ability that allows it to be brought in crews led by an outcast master even if it wouldn't normally be allowed to be brought. I take that to mean that it can be brought in Vik crews that include freikorps models.

I think we are still waiting on a ruling about this actually.

Yup found it here: http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24071