New Resin Minis

Chev Chelios

I like resin as a material, when it's of good quality. Nothing beats it for holding crisp detail I think.

Wyrd using resin is vastly different from some other companies using it, as they have always seemed to really CARE about their products.

The Snow Storms I've seen here have all been beautiful models.

My right leg was raised slightly too high, and as I tried to twist it back, it snapped right off. Of course, easily fixed by some GS and glue, so no complaints here. I do like the lightweight material, and the detail is fantastic compared to other resins that I've seen.

How do you find resin to paint on... years ago I got some forgeworld stuff and even after a bath the resin stil resisted taking the primer and i eventually quit trying...

Im thinking about getting Seamus and would like to know before I order one... also so you know I use brush on primers...

How do you find resin to paint on... years ago I got some forgeworld stuff and even after a bath the resin stil resisted taking the primer and i eventually quit trying...

Im thinking about getting Seamus and would like to know before I order one... also so you know I use brush on primers...

For forge world's stuff. Bath it for about 2 or 3 days, after that scrup them clean with an old toothbrush.

Than, after you put your moddels together but before primer, Give them a quick coat of Varnish.

For forge world's stuff. Bath it for about 2 or 3 days, after that scrup them clean with an old toothbrush.

Than, after you put your moddels together but before primer, Give them a quick coat of Varnish.

Really? Won't that eat the detail? Never actually tried to paint anything from FW, so I have no idea how much of a problem it is with spray or brush primers.

Its only because forgeworld resin has alot of that mould release stuff on it, which makes for more prep time, and brush on priming a bad idea, I haven't come across the same issue with any other resins to this date.

however a quick coat of varnish as stated does work wonders if your not sure

I didn't even bathe my SnowStorm at all. Holding paint just fine! It's a fantastic model too.

Of the Avatars, Seamus is mostly resin. Sonnia has a couple parts of the salamander that are resin, but part of it is metal too. Pandora's tentacles are actually part of a molded 40mm base, and are resin as well. I think that's it for now, unless part of Marcus is resin. I hadn't looked that closely at his model yet.