Jaakuna Ubeme. What does she dooooooo?

DeleteAccount

In an attempt to be at least a bit more informative, I'll paste this from the summary thread:

Jaakuna Ubume - Spirit, Unique

So she's the spirit of a crazy lady who drowned her kids and is now trying to drown everyone she meets. Rather impressive ranged attack, however, I feel her real function is to lock an enemy in melee and never let it go. She has "Siren Call" which is basically a Rotten Belle's lure, EXCEPT, instead of making a melee attack if possible, the target is paralyzed if it ends in melee range. Disengaging from her requires a Wp->Wp duel, she can force enemy models declaring actions while in base contact with her to make Df duels or suffer wounds, she can reduce a target's walk to 1 given enough time, can deny movement actions, and...is pitiful. So yes....lock someone in melee and never let go.

Verdict - BOARD CONTROL YES! Kirai has a tar pit to add to her arsenal. It's already dangerous enough to lure things towards Kirai (aka, Ikiryo nomming zone), but the added bonus of locking something in a position and making it suffer for being there is just awesome. Good thing this spirit has relatively low Df or we would be crying BROKEN!

Don't have the book yet, so no further info from me, I'm afraid.

It's not that she's difficult to kill per say, but the fact that she requires only 2 wounds for Kirai to take and one spirit sacrifice means that if you kill her, and Kirai wants her to stay on the table, it will be back. Very swiftly. The other thing that makes her very scary is that she has Siren Call, and an ability that gives her all the suits she needs to cast it. Paralyzing one very important model on a critical turn can mean the difference between a loss and a win in some situations.